Chapter 26: Scarring Swords- Part 2

"We look at the person and see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

So, we're outside and there's this strange woman dressed in red and black with a sword. And... the sword has blood on the end.

OK, this is definitely the Sword Swallower and I'm guessing that blood came from ramming the sword down her throat like she was chugging a beer.

Then, Oli runs towards the arcade again.
Is he alright?

"Oli, what are you doing, you coward!?" Zach explodes.

OK, buddy, calm down! He might just be getting something.

"OK, A) Don't yell or this sword swallower is gonna start chasing us faster than you can say 'I'm gonna die tonight' and B) There was this note on the arcade door, so I went to go get it." Oli contends, showing us it.

He gives the note to Lizzie, and she reads it.

It reads:

'The Sword Swallower was always disgusted by the way the inventor treated his children and she always wanted to help them. So, she hid a box covered in a million hands in the shop with a lock pick inside of it, hoping the twins would find it and run away from town. Be wary, though; the Sword Swallower is onto you.'

"I'm not scared of this bitch; she's just a kid, it's not like she can hurt us." Zach scoffs, folding his arms and rolling his eyes.

You. Fucking. Idiot.

Have you never seen a horror movie? Like, ever!?

Insulting the killer or the monster or the demon or whatever the fuck is causing chaos is going to get you killed! 

Gear: 'So, Zach is cussing this sword swallower out and I'm just in shock about this whole situation. Like, there's three ways you talk about a monster; you beg them not to kill you, you try to calm them down or you cuss them out. Zach cussing this girl out is just gonna get us all killed! Like, if you don't get a hold of yourself, I will drop-kick you. I'm not even kidding.'

And now... this bitch is screaming like a banshee and chasing us. And we're screaming and running.

For at least the 500th time tonight.

"Being dead for three hours is not helping my body right now!" Lizzie pants, running as fast as she can. 

Zach's just speed-walking and not actually running and honestly, I'm going to actually drop-kick him if he isn't careful.

"The door better be open this time!" Zach grumbles, still speed-walking. 

Val ends up kicking the door open as we all race inside and block the door with a plank, the Sword Swallower pounding on it.

This isn't even our house; go away!

Sorry for that horrible joke.

So, now, we need to find a box covered in hands. 

And we're not having much luck because Zach keeps holding up stray hands that are lying around all over the place and saying that it's what the note was talking about.

No, it isn't! It's a box covered in them, not a single hand!

"Zach, I swear to God, if you hold another hand up, I'll slap you with it." Lana expresses, pointing at Zach.