Chapter 27: Scarring Swords- Part 3

"This is gonna be a nightmare to explain to Lia..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

We walk back into the lounge to see Lia with her head down and deep in thought. 

One half of me feels bad, the other half of me wants her dead.

"She must have heard." Lizzie confers, all of us nodding.

"Hey, Lia? Are you OK there?" Oli acknowledges, compassion on his face.

"Yeah... I'm fine, I guess." She muttered, lifting her head up as she shrugged. "Just... mad and... devastated, I guess. I didn't think I was going straight into the final death challenge. But, it is what it is." She mutters, keeping her head down.

"Hey, you four; over here!" Lana whisper-shouts, waving to us from the corner.

Lana, A) How did you get over there so quickly and B) What do you want?

But, I just go with it and follow the rest of the alliance to her.

"Lana, this is very suspicious that you're leading with this. What are we doing now?" Val whispers.

"OK, listen; we've practically lied to everybody about the whole seduction conundrum. So, are we still voting for Zach or are we gonna vote ourselves instead?" Lana muses, hoping we were interested.

"Well, Zach and Lia still get a vote, so... we'll just vote Zach? He's the only viable option at this point since Lia's on the line now." Lizzie communicates.

I nodded at the statement; sure, there's 5 of us, but there's 2 of them. So, even if we all vote for Zach, there's potential for them to vote one of us.

"What are you guys doing?" Zach rasps, causing us to turn around.

Shit, we're fucked.

"It's a little fishy over there."

"Zach, we're trying to catch Lizzie up on the whole situation whilst she was dead and we're trying to keep it down so we don't disturb you and Lia. There, you happy now?" Oli lies.

Please don't call us out, please don't call us out...

"Huh, fair enough, then. Just remember, we're voting soon." Zach reminds, going back to comforting Lia. 

Oh, thank the Lord.

We turn back around to finish the conversation.

"Zach it is, then?" I chime in, all of us nodding.

Hell, Lana even kissed me on the cheek to prove it.
And Lizzie had to contain the fangirling.

We sit back down and wait for Heidi to speak up.

And soon, she does.

"The first person going into the challenge is The Alpha. Is that understood?" Heidi asserts.

We all nod, knowing where this was going from when we faced the Dog Woman.

"That leaves only one slot for somebody to join her in the Sword Swallower's game. We'll start with you." Heidi breathes, motioning to me.

Gear: 'So, because of this whole situation with Lia, I'm assuming she's putting my name in the deck because of her mess with the group. But because Lia is automatically in the challenge and the talk with my alliance, we're putting Zach's name in there.'