Chapter 23: The Steampunk Twins- Part 3

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, seduction shenanigans and faking exes aside, it's time to get onto the death in the Toxic Chambers. So, I also just wanna give a quick warning that this death could make you cry. No spoilers, I'm just saying. 

Also, another quick trigger warning; there will be a slight remark about suicide in this chapter. Like, somebody says a line mentioning it and that's it. But, just in case you get triggered by it, please skip this chapter. But now, let's get started! 

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We look at the center of the room and see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

There's this really strange contraption.... thing in the middle of the room.

And I don't like it.

Lia: 'This thing looks extremely creepy, and it basically looks like something out of a horror movie or a science lab. It's really scaring me.'

"I think this is the Toxic Chambers." Lia cautions, standing in front of everybody.

"Bitch, move! I'm 30. I can protect myself!" Zach shouts, pushing himself away from her.

"She was just trying to look out for us, no need to come for her." Lana intervenes, hoping there wouldn't be another fight.

Vanessa finds a note on the floor in front of the chamber and reads it aloud to us. 

It reads:

'Seal the Power Crystal in the power core above the chamber to open it.'

"Yeah, I won't be able to reach that." Val frets, trying to figure how the hell we could get up there.

"I'm the tallest." I interject, raising my hand.

I grab the crystal, opens this panel, put the crystal in, and close it before stepping down off the platform.

And... this thing doesn't open.

That was anti-climatic.

"I think we need to open it." Zach discloses

He approaches it, opens it, and all the smoke billows out.

It smells like shit and I can't see anything.

Thankfully, it fades out really quickly.

After all the smoke clears out, we find a note in the chamber. 

Lia approaches it and reads the note aloud.

It reads:

'You have opened the Toxic Chambers, and regret will surely follow. To cleanse the Inventor's Goggles, they must first be placed in the chamber beneath her feet.'

Lia stops reading as Lana puts the goggles into a compartment beneath the chamber and kicks it shut.

Lia then continues to read the note.

'Then, one of you must be chosen by vote to give up their life and enter the chambers to be gassed. Once the door has been sealed and they have stopped banging on the glass, the goggles will be cleansed. Choose wisely; their death will weigh on your conscience for the rest of the night.'