Chapter 22: The Steampunk Twins- Part 2

"We turn to face the shop and see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

So, turns out the shop is creepy as all hell. I mean, this looks like a serial killer's workshop.
I'm just gonna leave it at that, I don't want to give anymore details.

"OK, the only thing we know at this point is that we need to find these Toxic Chambers, whatever the hell they are," I express, putting my hands in my pants pocket and fidgeting with the material holding all my affection to try to calm myself.

"So, where do we look?"

"Maybe this could help? I swear, they need to hide this stuff better. This is getting way too easy." Lana complains, holding a notebook in her hand.

If you mean the finding stuff part, sweetie, then yes, it's definitely getting a lot easier.

If you mean the killing people part... yeah, we're gonna need to talk about that. I don't wanna have to think about my future self being paired forever to a soul so fascinated with death.

She opens it and it reads:

'I've hidden the Toxic Chambers behind three tests; one of risks, one of shock, and one of power. For the test of risks, one of you must hit the switch, stick your hand into the chute lined with circular saw blades and risk losing your hand by keeping it in there for 10 seconds.'

"Yeah... no," Zach says, backing away slowly.

"Zach, I think you honestly should try to do something. Not trying to be rude, I'm just saying; make a move already!" Vanessa grouses, sticking her arm out to face what looked to be a garbage disposal.

"Fuck it. I'll do it." Val voices, walking towards said garbage disposal.

What?

"Are you sure you wanna do this? I do not want you to lose your hand, Val." Oli squalls, a look of pure concern on his face.

Oli: 'My closest friend in my alliance and this group is going to put her hand into a chute with circular saw blades in it and risk LOSING HER HAND. If he loses her hand, I finally have a reason to blame Zach for something because he stepped upped and didn't take it.'

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm supposed to be a badass and a badass would happily risk losing her hand if it meant you guys would be OK." She asserts.

I don't know if she's drunk or crazy or some shit, but I'm kinda worried.

"I'm just going to take your word for it, where's this switch?" Lia ponders before finding it.

Val already has her hand down the chute and I was just acting like there was nothing there whilst all of us are counting to 10.

Which is honestly freaking me out.

"10!" We finish counting.

Val takes her hand out of the chute and it's still intact, thank God.

Gear: 'What. The. FUCK?! Valentina just stuck her hand into a garbage chute with circular saw blades in it and acted like nothing was happening! This bitch is a badass and I'm not even kidding.'

Whilst we all try to process the situation, a slot pops open on the side of the table, revealing a lever. 

There's also this note, that reads: