Friend

The freshly fallen cherry blossom falls off the tree. The calm spring wind whips on Katsuki's face as he walks into the school building.

"Good morning Kacchan!"

It is too early in the morning to be that active. But not for you anyway since you are always packed with energy— you might as well have sugar as your breakfast.

You two have been friends for a long time since both of you hang out in the same park. To both of your surprise, you both went to the same school.

There you stand in front of him with that stupid bright smile on your face every morning when you greet him. It was beginning to annoy him every time— or worse, it might have been imprinted in his memory.

Katsuki clicks his tongue and walks past you. "Tch, whatever."

You chuckle and follow him. "Hey, hey, Kacchan I heard we are going to a museum for our field trip!"

Katsuki raises his eyebrows at you. Have you forgotten the last time the class went on a field trip? You were smiling brightly at him telling about the rumor you heard, which he grunts in reply as he waits for the teacher to come in.

"Aren't you excited about the field trip Kacchan?!" You ask excitedly.

"The school trip is months away (Y/N)!" He snaps.

"Hey—" you were cut off as soon as the teacher came in. "Talk to you later." You whisper at him and return to your seat.

Katsuki huffs knowing that you have a high chance of forgetting it.

Class pass by everyone is asked to bring out their art supplies during art class.

"Look Kacchan I'm an oni!" You say putting a paper shaped like a cone on your head. "I'm going to eat you!"

Katsuki stares at you with an uninterested face while you show the stupid look on his face. You try your best to get a reaction from him but show your interest.

You got tired and went to the other kids playing along with you. He can hear you laughing with the others but yours did stand out since it's annoying.

He watches you interact with the green-haired freckled boy sitting in the corner. Aside from him, Izuku is also the other kid you befriended. He never did understand why you were always with the weakest boy in the class. But whatever it was, he didn't like the weird feeling mixing inside him.

His cheeks heat up quickly when you turn your head in his direction. The two of you made eye contact until he looked away.

His heart is beating rapidly and the butterflies in his stomach are raging.

"Kacchan!"