Playground

It was a calming day, it was the perfect time to relax or take a nap in the afternoon. It's the perfect plan for you if you could just—

"(Y/N)-chin! (Y/N)-chin! Swing! Swing!" Akari exclaims pointing at the swing while walking at the nearby park.

"But Akari-chan, you already play at the daycare," you say.

"I swing! (Y/N)-chin! Pwease! Pwease!" She pleads.

You tried ignoring her banter but Akari starts to throw a fit on the road which is embarrassing and also annoying for you while the eight-month-old baby strapped on your back isn't also cooperating.

Your plan could wait for a bit longer.

"Okay." You exhale. "You can play for about ten minutes, what about that?"

"Okway!" Akari says and excitedly runs into the park.

"I told you, no running!" You scold following your niece.

Akari trips on her own with her face-planting on the ground as she lifts her head and starts to cry.

"What did I tell you?" You say softly and lift Akari up. "Let's see..." you say examining if your niece has any scratches, bruises, or cuts around her which is a huge relief for you.

You pat Akari's head lightly and start to rub circles around her back to comfort her. "There, there,"

"Do you want to go home or play in the park?" You ask. "If you're going to cry here all day then you aren't able to play,"

Akari shakes her head in response wanting to play in the park.

"Come on now," you say pulling out a handkerchief from your pocket and wiping the snot leaking out from her nose.

"There, all better now,"

Akari nods her head and walks towards the swing waving her arms. "(Y/N)-chin! (Y/N)-chin!" She calls wanting you to push her while she sits on the swing.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," you say walking towards her.

Akari sits on the swing as you lightly push her as she lets out a huge smile on her face.

You wonder how kids get so much energy.

Akari stops herself and gets off the swing then pats the seat.

"What's wrong Akari-chan?" You ask.

"Aoi pway swing too?" Akari asks.

"No, Akari-chan. He can't sit on the swing." You reply.

"Why?"

"I think Aoi-kun is too small for the swing, maybe when he is older okay?"