You're Mistaken

It's been so long since you've returned back to your childhood home- well, according to your new guardian, Aunt Liz and Uncle Seiji. They've told you that your mother died from a heart attack and your father also died during a dangerous mission at his work but you were too young to remember which is how you got under their care. They live far away from your hometown so you have to leave in a rush without saying goodbye.

Until you got into a car accident when you were eight and recovered from your injuries but not from losing your memories. Your new family did their best to help you remember your previous life though they knew some of it.

Despite everything that happened in your life, you were grateful for what they've done and treated you nicely as if you were their daughter.

A twist of fate came into your life as they moved back to your hometown after getting a local job. You got transferred to a new school and gained new friends quickly.

Your life is perfect from your perspective, although you wonder what kind of life you had when you were—

"Hey~"

You snap back to reality and look at Nanami waving her hand in front of you.

"Ah sorry, is something matter Nanami-chan?"

"I've been calling your name (Y/N) a couple of times and you wouldn't react," Nanami says.

You flash an apologetic look at her. "Sorry, I got distracted."

"Is something in your mind?" She asks curiously.

"Not really,"

"Are you sure? If it's-"

"It's not about that Nanami." You assure her.

"Oh," she says not pressing onto the subject.

"What are you supposed to tell me?" You ask to change the topic.

"Oh, I wanna ask if you want to go to an arcade."

"The arcade again?" Another voice says

You turn your head to see Kathrine, your other friend entering the room.

"It's fun going there okay?"

"I could use some fun," Kathrine replies.

"Yay!" Nanami exclaims wrapping her arms around both of you. "I love you guys!!!"

"I can't breathe!" Kathrine exclaims.

"It's k-kinda... tight N-Nanami-chan... y-you're killing us..." you keep trying to tell her but are ignored since she keeps on wailing about how she loves the two of you.