[TWO]

««ѳѳѳѳ»»
2

««ѳѳѳѳ»»2

Tony

I forgot about the whole shadow teleporting thing she could do so it went a lot quicker than I thought. All she did was descend into the dark which was still kind of creepy and made me wonder how that came from a test tube.

Luckily no one was in the parking garage so I walked to my car in no hurry.

When I got in the driver's seat Mia abruptly appeared out of nowhere landing in the passenger seat.

"Oh my go—I'll never get used to that..." I muttered.

"In due time you won't even notice it," Mia said buckling her seatbelt. I started the engine and drove out of the parking garage and onto the road.

The whole walk here I was pinching myself thinking it was too good to be true. She's right there in the passenger seat—a matter of fact she's been here this whole time. Thea turned out to be Mia this whole time and I never knew til now.

"Wait til Pepper hears about this?" I don't know how long I've been waiting to say that.

"Whose Pepper?" Mia asked.

"A special someone I'd like you to meet..."That is if I can manage to get Ross off her case and come up with some negotiating offers.

And maybe—just maybe Mia won't go to jail...

Now that is something I never thought I'd be worried about.

I mean she's been through so much on her own and missed out on so many things. Just by the way she talks, it's almost like something is missing.

This time is gonna be different for sure.

When we reached the tower I parked, the doors lifted open and both of us exited simultaneously. "Alright let's get a move on," I said guiding our way to the elevator.

"You got better at driving..." She said.

"I was always a good driver." I'm glad to know she can remember not all but some things from the past.

"I never noticed how big this place was..." Well, I don't recall us ever giving Thea a proper tour around the place but we'll save it for another time.

"I give it a solid day or 2..." I said pressing the button on the main living room floor.

"I designed this place with Pepper actually, before the team got together it Stark in bright lights."

"Oh, that's...Nice," Was all she said before the rest of the ride it got quiet.

Quiey isn't a strong enough word to describe this elevator ride. It's suffocating really.

Then the doors opened and we both stepped out into the living room that used to be occupied by people but now it is empty.

"Crazy cause when you were first brought here you were carried in with Rogers and Romanoff..." It's like it was just yesterday when they came rushing into the lab with her unconscious.

"Brought in from nearly bringing forth devastation to the world..." The entire mood dropped at the mention of her last Hydra mission in Washington.

This is the same kid that used to be scared of spiders.

"Yeah, I guess both have a record of destroying cities," I joked trying to make light of things but it's a bit too soon for that...

I stopped to turn and face her, for the ninth time—yes I've been counting—she had that guilty look on her face.

"Too soon? Hey, that wasn't your fault, alright?" I assured her but she didn't seem too convinced.

"Hyd—They made you do that stuff okay," Her hand in all the stuff Hydra did wasn't of her own choice. Luckily we cleared all those bases because if not I would've had to make a couple of trips.

"Tony I've done a lot of bad things that—" But right now I refuse to let her tear herself apart even more than they've already done.

"I've done some things too, and none I'm proud of but you know what I do? I try to do better and right my wrongs." She took a seat on the couch and started tensely running her hands across her face.

"I don't think I wanna do that anymore," She spoke out with tears in her eyes.

"And you won't have to..." I said kneeling to her eye level. "Cause your safe now,"

"How long will that last?"

733 Words