[THIRTEEN]

««ѳѳѳѳ»»
13

"Hey, Emi how was your first day of school?" Tony asked

"Too many children..." Emilia went straight into the kitchen digging through the fridge and pulling out a bottle of juice she'd grown to like.

Tony sat right in the living room space scrolling through his tablet.

"The kid recognized her, I guess he's not too much of an idiot." Happy said walking in.

"He also followed me which is not as odd as one of the teachers asking if I was 'Single'." Tony choked on his spit upon hearing such news.

"Not the oddest things I've encountered..." Mia said.

Once Tony regained his composure. "T-That—That seems like a pretty interesting day to me Mia," He said secretly plotting the demise of a Midtown High staff member.

"Oh yeah, you got therapy in an hour..." Tony said making Mia groan in annoyance.

"Happy!!" The Starks simultaneously called. He stood there witnessing their whole interaction in utter confusion.

"You guys are so bizarre..." Happy mumbled.

•••••

Emilia

Here I am, back in this forsaken office.

"Hello Emilia,"

"Doctor..." She sighed. The room was chilly, decorated with a minimal amount of plants and cool colors.

"How are you today?..."

"Still breathing..." She stared at me sighing once again.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I slept..." She rolled her eyes. "Are you annoyed Doctor?"

"Emilia..." I raise my hands surrendering.

"Anyways, tell me about your childhood..." I raised my eyebrow at her. Is she serious?

"Try not being a smart ass about it either..." I just rolled my eyes, seeing as she's willing to have another session with me, there's no getting rid of her anytime soon.

"It was decent I guess..." I simply said.

"How so?" She questioned.

"I was the youngest in the house, lived comfortably, received anything a child could ever ask for. A caring brother, Butler as a parental figure, and busy parents that made their marks here and there..." I rambled.

"Now your teen years..." Dr. Raynor sat up attentively ready to listen.

"I barely recall them," I said.

"Is there anything you can look back to..." After a silent battle amongst myself on whether to speak of such years, I've decided why not...

"Doctors, surrounding me. Taking notes..."

"Notes on what?"

"My tests," I said thinking back to spending cold days being entrapped in my thoughts.

"How'd you feel?..." The Doctor said.

"For a very long time, I was their test dummy. I was the lab rat, everytime something new was made. I didn't feel much of anything after a while..."

"I had to suppress it so I could complete my task without any personal ambitions getting in the way,"

"Is that why you are the way you are?" She asked.

"I guess so," She nods her head satisfied with my answer.

"Thinking back to it all you wanna know how I feel now? Angry, Sad, Confused, and scared but what does that mean?"

She remained silent staring down into her book. "It means you are just as human as anyone else..." Dr. Raynor said.

"Well, sometimes it doesn't feel like it..."

"Why don't you talk to your brother?" She asked.

"...He's only ever known the little sister that enjoyed bunnies and rainbows." I scrunched my face at the thought of bright colors. Times have really changed.

"What makes you think he wouldn't like to know about you now?" She questioned.

"My dark brown hair is now black, my brown eyes are grey, and I shoot energy from my body..." She nodded before jotting down her notes before speaking.

"Emilia I say give yourself the benefit of the doubt. All those years of Hydra implementing that letting your guard down will be the death of you has brought you to keep things and bottle them up." Christina closed her book leaning forward with her arms resting on her legs.

"Which is an unhealthy coping mechanism, now you shutting out the people that genuinely care about you and your well-being." Her usual annoyed expression was now a softened one that held sympathy and pity.

"Deep down you're afraid of getting hurt..." She leaned back crossing her arms.

I never thought of it like that. Maybe she could be right.

Or maybe wrong...

Yet she's got me there. I am afraid.

A/N
Another one down many many more to go😀

719 words