[TWENTY-THREE]

«ѳѳѳѳ»
23

Emilia sat in the living room when Tony returned from dropping Peter off

Emilia sat in the living room when Tony returned from dropping Peter off. He came walking into the living space looking a little more stressed than usual.

He faced Mia who avoided all contact.

"I told you to look after him and what do I see? A boat split in half and you laid out on the ground."

She understood that he had every right to make a fuss because, from the looks of it, they didn't have anything under control. However, this was all still very new to her and she was going with the swing of things.

"And tell me why I found out you two broke into a government facility?" At first, Mia was confused about how he figured that out but she narrowed her eyes at him when the realization hit her.

"Seriously? You put a tracker on me?" She questioned while holding up the pair of eyeglasses.

"I did it for both of our sake." He said but Mia just shook her head at him.

"Good to know how much trust is there..." Mia said.

"It's not that I don't trust you. It's just that sometimes you can be a bit impulsive and the communication isn't as keen—"

"—I'm impulsive?" Mia questioned.

"You're one to talk." Tony pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What if Ross was there, huh? If he couldn't catch you the first time I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate the second..."

"I am very capable of taking care of myself in fields like this," Tony scoffed at Mia's words.

"Well, that's not what it looked like to me..." If Tony hadn't shown up the way he did people would have gotten hurt or worse, died. He wouldn't be able to handle that especially if his sister or the kid was among them.

"Yeah, I'm not the most responsible person but that's not the point. What else do you think I'm supposed to do when I'm barely around and my sister barely picks up my calls?" He should hear the amount of times he called her during that incident. 15 missed calls.

"That's the only thing giving me reassurance. I worry a lot because I care." He says stuffing his hands in his pocket.

"Maybe I was wrong to think this whole job thing would work out,"

The two siblings remained quiet as Tony hoped for Emilia to say anything however she avoided all contact.

"After these two weeks, you're resigning." Even though she's done nothing but complain about the school and the people in it, the task gave her a sense of belonging or duty perhaps.