2: Home

15 years later........

Katsina, malumfashi

  The sun shine brightly through the thatched hut's small window making a  smile appear on her face.  She knew the perfect time to wake up that is why she always leaves her window open in the night instead of closing it. It only had a little cover made out of dried broom sticks and thick thread,which they always use to protect the thatched hut making its room temperature the same.

  She stood up from her tarted mat which looks very old but has been well maintained, stretching was her next move trying to remove all sleep from her face after mumbling the du'a for waking up. When she rose her head up to see someone bending over to enter the hut she called a room.

" Do I have to come in to wake u Everytime". A woman in her late forties said frowning at her daughter.

" Dada, am already up without you telling me to. So stop stressing your self to much". She said following her mother who was already leaving the room and walking into their busy compound. The place they call home.

    Nawal has grew up to know this place all her life and she loved it, even if it was not very big just a few huts. They lived in a very local village where they had to trek atleast two kilometers to go to school. Sometimes ,If things were good, she and her cousins were given money to enter local transport to go but have to trek back. Hee mother didn't want her to be an illiterate so she made sure she provided everything as long as it had to do with her daughter's school. But still  she loved her large family. She stood looking at how the small ones ran around while the grown ups were by the murhu preparing breakfast.

" Yanzu a ka tashi daga barci" anty Najba said playfully glowering at her while Nawal just smiled. She was Nawal's mother's elder sister who lives with them after the death of her husband. She stays with her five children. Three of them were older than Nawal, one was her age mate and the last one younger than her.

"Anty middo nana velo" ( I am hungry)  Nawal walked towards her aunt holding her stomach which seemed to have been making noise for quite some time. She rested her head on her shoulder cause she knew anty Najba would definitely give her food if she does that.

  "Pe hokatama nyiri, jota a fiyi ama a yidi  anyama nyiri bakope wokama nyiri. (You will not eat, you're just waking up and you're asking for food they will not give you). Hajiya Binta answered with her thick accent making Nawal to pout her mouth to her mother.

   Nawal wasn't  very fair like most of her cousins  but she always gets them jealous any time the talk of beauty was brought upon.

    She had this caramel skin that always shines not talk of when she was under the sun. Her skin was so soft and if cotton candy was a person he would have been jealous of her.she was an epitome of beauty and even if she wasn't fair her caramel skin did the work of pronouncing her beauty.

     She had this black, thick and full long hair which she finds annoying anytime she washes her hair. Her hair was very silky so she didn't make her hair because even if she did it's ended up loosing after a day or two.

    Her perfectly dark full eye brows were something to talk about. It was naturally carved without any make up artist having to do any work in it.it was arched and perfect.

     Next, her small cat eyes that had natural khol beneath them. Even though her eyes were small her dark orbs around the white  shone complementing  it's smallness. It shone especially in the night when everywhere was dark. It was like a Star in the dark sky.

    Her nose that has every bone fixed in it's right place without any mistake.she had the long Fulani nose that stood firmly on her face perfecting her creation. Without any sign of flatness or crookedness.

      Her lips was what shines her beauty.she had this pink lips that always spreads broadly anytime she smiles  exposing her white pearl teeth .it was something someone will pay a million times to see. Her mouth had all the shapes, sides, curves and edges looking all radiant and  dazzling. Anytime she smiles her beauty freezes everyone around her not to talk of when she laughs. She could kill alot of soul with it.
Her cousin  saif, once fainted after seeing her laughter and ever since then  she has been careful not to smile infront of him.

    She has a moderate  body shape.she had medium size bust with her small waist that shines her large hips and buttocks.  She was warned about wearing body hugging clothes by her mother because of the lustful kind of attention she gets due to her shape. Some one ones told her Allah was happy the day he created her so he created her alone on that day.

   Her timid character brought everything it's  full stop.and her care free personality. She's just almost perfect and adorable.every man in the village wishes to have her as his but there was something that was stopping her from getting married which always worries her because she seventeen and would be eighteen tomorrow and she always wondered why she isn't  married like most of her mates who end up getting married at the age of fifteen.

"Adda, gobe birthday ki".(Adda tomorrow is your birthday) Nawal's little cousin said holding her hand.

"Kuma zamu ci dambu ko". ( And we will eat shredded meet right) Nawal said looking down at the little girl. She look at her mother for affirmation but her mother's look had already changed.

" Dada, why do you suddenly look pale". Nawal asked her mother moving to where she was standing.if the was anything Nawal hated it was seeing her mother in pain.

"Ba komai".(it's nothing) her mother replied with a smile. She was not ready and didn't have the courage to tell her what the problem was.but it was evident that she was troubled .

"Dada won't you tell me". Nawal turned her mother to face her but she was just not ready to tell.

"Okay since you won't tell me, na San za ki fada min anjima"( I know you will tell me later). Nawal left her troubled mother since she wasn't ready to tell her. She went and met her cousins and they kept planning how the were going to celebrate her birthday. They planned on making gulisuwa, kopi and the rest traditional snacks.

     Hajiya Binta could only fake a smile  but deep down she was troubled and Disturbed. Tomorrow was the day she dreaded to come but sooner or later she knew it would come and here it is . tomorrow she was going to be separated from her daughter. She quickly went inside the hut to avoid the rest of the family from seeing her cry.only Najba knew what was going to happen so she also stayed in the low. But tommorow hajiya Binta has no choice but to tell the rest of the family the truth.

    Hello lovelies,  this is yet another chapter of this book. I know some of you still think it's boring but know cheap things aren't worth waiting 😃

Am going to start giving RQ and question of the chapter. Your answers are always welcome in comment section.

RQ: would you rather kiss a man who just finished eating snakes or a man who just finished eating worms.😌😌

Question of the chapter: why did hajiya Binta dreaded this day to come.

Drop you answers 😚😚

Don't forget to,

Vote,
Comment and
Share.

              With love ❤️ haneefah.