23: Old Faces

What ever it is that is about to happen is bad and fast. For what ever reason the palace is been put into tension is for the good of some and disdain for others.

Mai martaba sent for all the family members. The guards, maids and even the drivers. Nawal sat close to Jamil chatting away while Jamal was on  his phone doing only God knows what.

Nawal couldn't comprehend why Mai martaba has called all of them including the workers of the house but has exempted jabbar. She asks Jamal if jabbar was going to be here but the dude seems to not have any idea about it. She concluded that he was at work and that's why he wasn't here.

As Soon as Mai martaba's presence graced the place, it became silent as a graveyard everyone following every movement his majesty made. He sat trying to get comfortable but there was this trace of worry or maybe fear on his face. He cleared his throat then spoke.

"I'm just going straight to the point, sarauniya bilkisu is coming". He started getting murmurs and exchange of glancing from everyone except from Nawal

"Who is she now?".

"She's going to be here in the evening. As always make sure she's comfortable and most importantly nobody mentions this to jabbar. " That was all he said and left them. They all left too leaving behind a confused Nawal to ponder on who the lady is and why should her arrival not be mentioned to jabbar. I mean if anything his supposed to be the first to know right?. So why wasn't he being informed.

Saurauniya Bilkisu is Mai martaba's third wife but she doesn't live with them because of one reason or the other. His first wife is late, second divorced and then the last lives with him.

Nawal stood up immediately realizing everyone has left and she was the only person left. She needed answers and she knows the right place to get them.

"I just came to ask why Mai martaba asked not to inform jabbar about this saurauniya whatever and who is she by the way?. She asked giving Jamil this puzzled look.

"Why should I be the one to answer your question?".

"Who else I'm I suppose to ask"?.

"Your husband of course". Jamil said turning his gaze From her and back to the TV. Nawal couldn't help the giant eye roll. Does he always have to be stupid.

"Like you weren't there when we were asked not to mention it to him".

"Well, sarauniya bilkisu is Mai martaba's third wife but she doesn't live with us. Anything else?".  He asked like he wanted her to finish her questions and leave.

So there are people I don't even know. just great.

"But why? When the last one stays here".

"Apparently, jabbar hates her guts. He could murder her if given a chance. His hate for her is on another level". Nawal inspected his face for any sign of joke but there was none.

"Are you serious?".

"Does it look like something I'll joke with?. He tried strangling her once she almost gave up and that's why Mai martaba changed her residence. We don't even know where she lives if not it's just going to take jabbar few minutes to eliminate her from the surface of Earth. Nawal looked taken aback. Now she  was scared.

"But I've been here close to five years and her name has never been mentioned not to talk of her visiting."

"Mai martaba always goes to see her and she's been here once while you were away I'm school. That's why you've never seen her. He can't risk it.

"Oooohhhhhh, that explains why I haven't seen her".

"Just don't mention this to jabbar. You don't want to see him go wild. That dude is a beast. Real nasty stuff". Nawal would have laughed at jamil's expression if not how serious the situation is.