18: Phase one

Nawal woke up to pray subhi and she had to use the visitors toilet. She stayed longer on her sujood untill she felt the strain on her forehead.

She had her magnificent room with so much more but here she was sleeping on the sofa in her so called husband's house. She had cried so much Last night that she didn't even know when she has fallen asleep and as it she was already having a splitting headache.

She managed to take her bath and wore an a line gown and tied her head gear.

According to the royal family,the bride has to have her first breakfast with the whole family and just when she came out from the room she went to dress in she saw him leaving the chamber and she knew he was going to the royal dining. She just quietly trailed behind him afraid to make a single mistake and then get lashed out.

Jabbar reached the dinning door and waited for her to meet him. He couldn't let Mai Martaba know what he had planned to do with her life. He had to put on his facade whenever he was in public with her.

She also paused Wondering why he hadn't entered yet and when she saw he wasn't moving she walked to the door and the next thing she felt her hands had been captured. She turned to look at him but a winch escaped her mouth. He was squeezing her her hand and immediately they entered she had to mask up the pain she was feeling .

Even as he was trying to look good in front of everybody he didn't fail to devise a way to cause her pain. And just as she was looking at him he looked so relax and didn't even spare her a glance like he wasn't wrecking pain in her hand.

He was a chameleon with a lot of shades and even if she had any hope of him loving her she lost every of it after what he said to her. "I'll rather be gay than get intimate with you". Theses words rang repeatedly in her head like a broken record and the moment she set her eyes on Mai Martaba she felt the strong urge to run to him and tell him she doesn't want to be in this marriage and that she was only going to go through hell but she refrained.

They walked in with her hand in his with a smile on her face making her anger imperceptible and her smile was the only thing they could see.

"The newest couple in town have arrived". Imran said and Nawal smiled at him. Jabbar walked to where Mai Martaba was and greeted him with Nawal doing the same. He gave Mai Martaba's wife a nod then went to sit down while Nawal greeted her.

"How was your night my dear". Mai Martaba asked while she was still squatting down.

"Baba am fine". But only God knows what more she wanted to add to that.

"Alhamdullilah now go and eat". He said and gave her a fatherly Patt.

Nawal made her way to sit opposite jabbar since all the boys sat on one side and the girls sat on the other.

She sat close to Asmau and she didn't miss the mischievous smile the girls where sending her way. If only they knew.

"Was the fun that much that you weren't able to wake up early and that's why you came late" Asmau whispered to Nawal and that got her choking".

"Sorry"

"What happened".

"Pass her some water".

"Asmau give her some water". Everybody was worried about her and when jabbar rose his head and saw it was her, he ducked his head back to his food like nothing was happening.

Asmau passed her the water and she calmed down. They resumed with thier chattering on the table and after they were done, they moved to the big parlour and everyone started gisting.

"Nawal dear, won't you follow  jabbar to his chamber, he has gone". Mai Martaba said and Nawal pretended not to know.

"I didn't even notice,I got so carried away with the gist" . She said with a nervous laughter. She waved all of them back then left the room. She wished she could stay here and gist with them till it was late so she could avoid him but Mai Martaba spoiled the plan.