30: Missing

Just as promised. This chapter is for you@hafsatyelwa0

**

Asmau's bridal shower went well much to everyone's expectation. They were all standing by the garage ready to move to the airport since the rest events were going to take place in abuja.

Nawal has been trying her best to act as if everything was okay but only God knows how much pain she's going through. The past two days hasn't been exactly the best for them though they live under the same roof, she has been trying her best to avoid him. He tried talking to her once but it didn't end well.

"Please listen to me". Jabbar said when he saw her coming back after the bridal shower. She had passed like she didn't hear him talk to her and he had followed her blocking her from passing.

"STAY AND LISTEN TO ME". He said in a commanding tone. And guess what she did. She scoffed,loud enough for him to hear and even gave a humour less chuckle.

"Gone are the days where I yearn to hear you speak to me. I guess living with someone like you had turned me into your kind". And that's how she removed his hand that was blocking her way and left.

Ever since the incident, he has changed. Every single moment he finds his mind drifting to his terrible past, disturbing the little peace he manages to get. All the times Nawal would trouble him and disturb him has been a way of distracting him but he has never realized it up till now. His past reflects on every single thing he does.

It's has just been two days but it feels like enternity. He remembers just how awful of a person be has been to Nawal and he prays she finds it deep down in her heart to forgive him. He has maltreated her enough to not deserve her forgiveness.

The day that thing happened, he had stayed up all night praying and seeking Allah's forgiveness depriving himself of sleep. Not like he could have gotten any.

While trying to cover up one sin, he has committed thousands in the process. How foolish has he been thinking that was the best way to avoiding commiting more sins.

He has neglected his family and ran away from his responsibilities just because of one sin. He had Crossed all boundaries created by Allah. Now he has to ask for Nawal's forgiveness because without her forgiveness he doubts he'll make it to jannah.

Everybody was already getting comfortable in the car ready to go to the airport where two private jet are waiting to convey both the bride and the groom's family to Abuja. Nawal was about to enter the car when Mai martaba called her.

"Come here my child, he said gesturing for her to come and meet him.

"Mai martaba I'm here". She offered him a warm smile. He still held that fatherly figure in her life.

"Jabbar isn't out yet, do you mind calling him".

"Yes, I'll go and call him.you people can go we'll come". She can't say no to him. Even if there was something going on between she and jabbar,she wouldn't let Mai martaba know atleast not yet. Besides he's old enough to send her on an errand.

"We'd wait for you my child, go and come back". He said giving her a smile.

"We don't want to keep them waiting now do we?". She whispered into Mai martaba's ear. He chuckled letting the humour in his voice show.

"I'm sure they won't mind. We're now inlaws". He said and winked and Nawal could only smile at the man's attempt to wink.

"Alright lemme go and call him". And she left to their chamber which was quite a walk from the garage.

Jabbar came looking down on his phone doing only God knows what. And Mai martaba upon seeing him had confusion marred on his face.

"Jabbar come here". He didn't hid the surprise in his voice wondering how he was here without Nawal.