14: Graduation

He came out of the bathroom with a towel wiping the water from his hair. At times he wonders how he has this kind of hair when none of his brothers have it and when he asks Mai Martaba about it he always says he got it from his extended family.

He changed into a sweat and a shirt then sat down to do his work from his laptop since he couldn't go to work on a Saturday. He sat down and while working a thought crossed his mind. He reclined on his chair sipping his coffee slowly whistle thinking.

What happened between him and Nawal was what crossed his mind. How could she talk so disrespectfully to him and even go as far as pointing a finger at him. The strong feeling of revenge was there deep down and even if it happened three years ago he was still going to make her pay for it.

He wouldn't have taken it to heart if it was a man that said all those things to him but it was a lady and  worst still that annoying girl has he likes to refer  her to that couldn't even speak proper  English when she came has the guts to tell him trash. He was definitely going take her pay for it.

Jabbar still was subconsciously sipping his coffee when he heard a knock on his door and before he could say come in the person entered  and went to straight to sit on the bed.

"I can't recall saying come in".

"I don't remember asking for permission". Jamil said lying on the bed.

"Then why knock".

"Hey forget about what are you doing".

"Since when are you so concerned about what I do with my life". He said not liking where the conversation was heading to.

"Since when you started shutting everyone out".

"Look Jamil".he stopped to glance at him before he continued talking giving him a bored expression." Let's not go there am not in the mood". He dropped his coffee suddenly loosing interest in it.

"When will you ever be in the mood, you can't keep running away from your problems. I don't know what it is but there no problem that dialogue can't fix, you could open up and things could be solved". Jamil said. He was only looking out for his brother. He didn't like the way jabbar was.

"Are you done". Jabbar said nonchalantly.

"Pardon".

"Was that what you came to do?, I believe you have accomplished your mission you can now leave my room". Jabbar said and went back to the work he was doing on his laptop.

If Jamil was offended by what jabbar said he didn't show it after all jabbar wasn't even interested in whatever he was saying so he better just deliver the message he was sent to and leave.

"Oh, I almost forgot what brought me here in the first place, Mai Martaba said I should call you".

"And why is that".

"It's quite obvious, Nawal's graduation is coming, i think he wants you to make the preparation of us going there".

"And I hope I don't have to attend".

"You know that's not possible unless if Mai Martaba is not going".

"That good for nothing girl, I don't even know why we all have to go".

"Com'on, ya jabbar, she's your sister".

"Let's not even get started". Jabbar said glaring at him".

"But......."

"You can now leave my room, tell him am on my way".

"Am not leaving here am waiting for you".

"Jamil, don't get me annoyed".