22: Lies and revenge

Tired of tossing on the sofa, Nawal finally sat up stretching her arms in the air. She was yawning when her eyes landed on the wall clock that says 12:02. Her eyes widened in horror at how late she had slept. She hadn't even prayed subhi. She jumped up ready to go and pray when she discovered she was stained.

Confuses on what to do, she checked the room where her things where but she couldn't find a sanitary towel then she decided to check his room since her things were once there.

She walked quietly to his room not to draw attention to herself. She opened the quietly and entered. She peeped in and he wasn't on the bed so she walked in further. She looked around but there was no sign of him. When she was sure he wasn't inside. She entered the ensuite and checked her own part of the closet that still had some of her clothes in them. She searched untill she found a pack dropped at the far end. She carried it smiling at her effort as she walked out and immediately she walked back into the room the door flung open and jabbar came in. She quickly hid the pack behind her.

After closing the door behind him, jabbar turned to find his wife staring at him with her hands behind her. He had gone to gym this morning and found her sleeping like a log of wood on the sofa now his wondering what she's doing here.

Nawal kept staring at him not willing to say anything. Initially the plan was just to walk away and not say anything if she got caught but with the way he was looking at her and waiting for an explanation,if she dared to move he'll punch her and then she'll become unconscious.

"Are you going to start explaining or you're waiting for me to ask?". Jabbar said. He wanted to know what she was doing in his personal space.

"Well.....em......emmmm........I came" Nawal tried to talk but she could only form incoherent words. She couldn't just open her mouth and tell she came to carry sanitary towel. Only God knows what he'll say next.

"And what are you hiding behind you". The look he was giving her was bad. She had to act fast.

"It's nothing". She replied quickly walking towards the door..at times she has the courage to talk back at him and other times she is scared of him.

"Or you've come here to steal". That accusation did get to her.

"What could I possibly steal in here?". She stood akimbo with her other hand still hiding the sanitary towel from view.

"Then show me what's behind you".

"I don't want to".

"You have to cause you took it from my room". His face passive.

"But it's none of your business".

"Show me before I use force on you". He said through gritted teeth while coming closer to her. The door bell rang distracting him and Nawal immediately ran out.

She went to the room downstairs to clean her self up and when she came out she saw him standing by the table with a couple of food warmers kept on the table.

"Did you really have to enter my room,you could have asked. I don't want the likes of you in my personal space.

"What?". She pretended like she didn't know what he was saying.

"Do you think I'm stupid like you? And I will not know what you carried.

"Since you know, why do you bother asking". Nawal said her eyes a little bit widen. No one knows of she was trying to scare him. But it was definitely not working.

"Just don't go about dumping your pad that has menstrual blood on it anyhow". He said and left leaving Nawal with an open mouth. He wasn't only harsh but also shameless and disgusting. Nawal used her eyes to follow him till he was out of sight.