27: cockroaches and lights

The wedding was over and everybody was returning to thier various homes. Nawal couldn't be happier cause Basma that was trying to be a pain on the ass has left. She can't have to deal with another woman wanting her husband even though she knows it won't even work out. She was just being jealous.

The Monday was peaceful and Nawal sat downstairs praying to God that jabbar would come down. It's like they divided the house into two. The upstairs part was for him and the downstairs was for her. He doesn't come downstairs unless he's leaving the house and she dares not go upstairs.

A loud bass scream came making Nawal to jerk. She flinched waiting to hear the screen again and it came. She was sure it was jabbar but what was making him shout . She carried her hijab and went upstairs since he has forbidden her to appear before him without one.

She opened the door to his room and entered inside. She saw him standing on the bed with a shoe  on his hand.

"What is it?. Why did you scream like that and why are you on the bed?". She asked all in one breath.

"Can't you see what's on the floor or you're blind". He said still squirming and jumping sideways on the bed. Nawal looked and she couldn't see anything since it was black.

"I can't see anything. Where is it?".

"Over there". He pointed and when Nawal got closer and looked, what she saw made her laugh. She bent over holding her stomach and laughing harder with tears threatening to fall down.

"Why.... Why are you laughing". Jabbar asked with frown brows.

"Are..... Are... You. You trying to tell me your scared of a goddam cockroach"?. Nawal said still laughing. She couldn't believe it.

"Can't you see it's flying". Jabbar said and moved backwards after seeing it move and that just made Nawal to laugh harder. How can someone as tough as him be scared of a cockroach. Of all things a cockroach. She thought.

"Lemme help you with that's". She said and moved closer and picked the cockroach up.

"You're so dirty. How can you pick that up with your bare hands. I'll have to get the whole house fumigated". He said his face scrunched up. Nawal didn't say anything she just took the cockroach that was dangling in her hands and attempted to put it in his face. He was quick to jump down from the bed face filled with horror.

"ARE YOU CRAZY, what do you think you're doing". She attempted to put it on his face and this time he ran out thinking she could possibly do it. If there is anything he hated after girls then it's that devilish creature that still baffles him on how they fly.

Nawal sat on the bed laughing and when she was done laughing to her heart content,she threw the cockroach and washed her hand. See checked the house if he was somewhere around but it seems he left the house. She wonders how someone that opens his mouth to say any nonsense that comes to his head to her be scared of a cockroach.

Nawal decided to make lunch so she entered the kitchen and started cooking. She was going to make jambolina rice and shredded chicken sauce.

It wasn't too long before she heard someone coming inside and since she knows it's jabbar that's coming inside she didn't bother going to Check. He'll just pass to him room. She remembered the incident of earlier and smiled before continuing to shred her chicken.

She thought jabbar was going to his room but she was wrong cause she felt his presence behind her but she didn't turn.

"I know you know someone is standing here".his face expressionless.

"How would I know, it's not like I have eyes behind my head".

"Don't even think of giving me a sassy reply because you won't like what would happen." She turned to look at him the she noticed he wasn't staring at her.he was looking at the cabinet ontop of her head. She wasn't wearing her hijab.