➵ 9 - BLAISE

••••

COFFEE & SECRETS

••••

Nichole

The women I would do anything to never speak to again. The women I never wanted anything to do with.

I never realized how much I hated the women I am engaged to. I never realized how boring she was. The girl in front of me held no innocence and she made no effort to hide it.

I never realized how much my father loved to fuck me over. She made sure to remind me every day that no matter what I do. Our marriage will never be something I can avoid.

She was like a hawk, watching my every move then reporting it to my father. One wrong move and she would go crying to my father on how badly I fucked up.

"You are hiding something from me. What is it?" She stares at me as she takes a sip of her coffee and stares at me.

"Nothing" I continue writing in my notebook.

"Your lying to me Blaise" She snaps at me.

No shit I'm lying. I don't want you knowing anything about me. I don't trust you.

"Tell me what's going on" She demands and I look up at her. "Be honest."

You don't care about me Nichole. You care about how much money I wire into your account every damn month. You care about how much money the promise ring on your finger cost me. You care about finding many ways to get women to envy the perfect person you are.

"Last week was just a really rough week for me" I look back down at my notebook.

"How so?" She asks as I continue to write into my notebook.

"Stop that" I say as I calculate my monthly expenses.

"Stop what?" She acts innocently and I look up from my notebook straight at her eyes.

"Stop interrogating me and acting like you give a shit about me." I deadpan.

"I'm not interrogating you. I am simply asking you why you are so distant with me today." She says as she takes a bite of her chocolate pastry.

"You are lying to me" I close my notebook "Stop beating around the bush and ask me what you really want to ask me." I place my pen down.

"Can we have sex" She rushes out.

"What?" I question

"Amanda said that sex helped her and Garrett get closer a few years ago and I want to do it."

She's taking advice from Amanda? Seriously? The same girl who fucked my best friend over by walking out on him? The same girl that tried to get me in bed while my best friend was right outside?