➵ 65 - VIOLET

••••

BLOOD &
SECRETS

BLOOD &SECRETS

••••

"Hey, you ready?" Kol asks me as he puts his Rosewood leather jacket on.

"Yeah." I pop the last bit of pop tart I have left in my plate and stand up.

"You ready for the bake sale?" I say sarcastically as I wiggle my eyebrows and point at the boxes filled with cookies that me, Aiden, Ethan and Kol baked last night.

He glares at me then rolls his eyes and heads back upstairs. "I hate you." He yells then I hear a door slam shut.

My phone dings once and I wait. Hoping that today I will get four dings.

After a few seconds my phone dings two more times and I feel my stomach hurt.

Three times. Three. Three, not four like I grew accustomed to.

I push my thoughts aside as I turn on my phone and click on the group chat.

Garrett: Good morning little one, I hope you slept well. I'll see you in class, don't forget to bring your math textbook since we will be doing work straight from there.

Hunter: Good morning little star, I hope you are ready for the day. Additionally, please tell Kol that I'll be buying some cookies from his bake sale today. I kinda feel bad after he begged me not to sign the paper a while ago and I still did.

Ashton: Good morning Rosie, please don't forget that you have tutoring today after cheer practice. Also, please tell Kol that I hope he didn't make terrible cookies. I actually wish to buy some today too.

I laugh at Ashton's message then quickly decide what to send back.

Me: Good morning, I slept great! I'll make sure to put a reminder for the textbook and todays tutoring session. Also, Aston! You made me laugh so hard. I'm going to tell Kol what you said just to spike him.

I send the message and stare at more phone after it sends.

"No more notifications?" I mumble to myself as I hope- wish- for Blaise to send me a message.

"I completely forgot I need fully move into Chris's place today." Kol says out of nowhere with makes me jump.

"Are you okay?" Kol asks me as he scans me everywhere probably deeply concerned for me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I throw his keys at him and he swiftly catches them. "Let's go, or you'll be late to your own bake sale."

"A bake sale I never wanted to do in the first place." He mumbles under his breath as we walk out of my dad's house.

"Hey, I got all ten signatures fair and squa-" He cuts me off.

"Four out of the ten shouldn't have counted!" Kol exclaims as we get into his truck. "You cheated!"