➵ 49 - VIOLET

••••

CAKE & CONFESSIONS

••••

My heartbeat quickens as I process what he just told me.

"Violet, I notice every single thing that you do."

"I always have. Even for longer than I'd like to admit."

Has he always noticed me? Why?

I always paid close attention to him but in all honesty, I never thought he'd pay any attention to me. I thought he would see me as an annoying kid that would always bother him.

"Why?" I ask- my voice barely above a whisper.

He looks a bit taken back by the question. "What do you mean?"

"Why do you notice everything I do?" I look into his beautiful silver eyes.

He turns away from my stare and eats another piece of cake. It looked like he was battling with himself on what to say and how to say it.

I'm about ready to tell him never mind and run back home at how embarrassed I now felt. I didn't think the question would be very hard to answer.

He clears his throat which instantly catches my attention. "With all honesty, I began noticing everything you did because I was curious as to why you always seemed to want to comfort me." I begin to play with the piece of cake in front of me with my fork.

"Oh." I mumble and then eat a bit more of my cake.

I really hoped he would continue talking. I needed to know if I intrigued him as much as he intrigued me.

"After you kept doing it-" I perk up at his voice. "I wanted nothing more than to hear your affirmations and motivational things you'd always tell me." He pushes his cake aside and I feel the need to wrap my arms around him. "I never understood why you'd always try to comfort me but I liked it and never wanted you to stop." I continue to feel my heart race.

I suddenly remember the first time I had told him something motivational to keep going. It was a few days after I had met him. I thought he looked stressed so I just told him that he was going great and everything would work out.

He just nodded and left- I never thought he actually paid attention to what I had told him. Every single time.

"You just looked like you needed some time for motivation, regardless if I didn't know what you were going through." I pause for a second. "We all need someone telling us to keep going." I smile.

He pulls my chair towards him and I freeze. "Wha-" He cuts me off by kissing me softly.

I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest because of how fast it was beating.