➵ 74 - VIOLET

••••

THE LETTER

••••

"Are you sure you're going to be okay being alone for an hour?" Kol asks me as he drives into my dad's driveway.

"Yes, of course I am." I state as I take off my seatbelt. "I've been alone before. This isn't new to me Kol." I roll my eyes as I get my backpack from the footrest. "Plus, my men will be over in a bit." I state and Kol laughs.

"Those men seriously can't stay away from you for a while day. Can they?" Kol says as he shakes his head. "They are so whipped."

"They just know I need attention 24/7." I roll my eyes as I get out of the truck. "Now go to dinner with my brother. Or he'll text me later saying I stole his boyfriend again." I say as I shut the door. "Dummy."

"Call me if anything okay?" Kol raises his voice for me to hear as I head to the mailbox for today's mail since nobody's been home all day.

"I will but I'm sure I won't need to." I yell back as I grab today's mail then walk back to Kol's truck. "I'll be fine. You act like if I'm a fragile porcelain doll, it's unnecessary. I promise that the Justin and Steph thing really didn't affect me. I don't care."

Kol looks at me briefly in disbelief and I glare at him. "Fine, I'll lay back." Kol says thoughtfully and I nod.

"Thank you." I walk over to my doorstep then pause since I don't hear Kol driving away yet. "Now go." I tell Kol and he sighs.

"Fine, bye." He nods then backs out of the driveway and drives away.

"Overprotective, for no reason." I mumble as I enter the house and lock the door behind me.

I walk over to the kitchen and place the letters I got from the mailbox on the kitchen island.

My phone vibrates in my bitt pocket like crazy but I ignore it. I have a really pretty good accurate assumption on who's bother me right now and in all honesty I didn't want to hear his shit. Not now, not ever.

"Today has been a day all of crap." I say as I head over to the refrigerator to get a Ice cream cone since I've been desperately craving one all damn day.

"At least I have you ice cream." I state as I open up the ice cream and take a bit of it.

The cold crunchy chocolate nutty shell makes me moan and makes me relax. I hadn't even realized that I was so tense.

I walk back to the mail on the kitchen counter and sigh. "When was the last damn time anyone in this house checked the damn mail?" I say out loud.

I backtrack and realize what I just did- I was home-alone. I was obviously not going to get a damn reply back.