Prologue

"Where are they?!" The man screamed at his minion. The man was 6ft tall and built. The anger and irritation are seen in his eyes.

"I saw her run this way. She could not have gone far." says his henchman.

"Make sure the child is alive when you take her. Don't worry about the mother. Kill her for all I care. I just want the child!"

"What about the child's father?"

"He is too busy finding a way to get his girlfriend back. He is currently preoccupied." The man laughs while running in the direction the woman ran towards.

A woman in her 20s was running through the woods. Her lungs felt like they were on fire. The pain in her feet was intensifying with every step she took, but she could not stop. She had to protect her child. She was glad the child was sound asleep and not crying. If she was, the men after them would surely find her and her child. She clung to the child, running, gasping for breath. As the woman ran, she noticed a rather large tree. She decided to hide behind it and come up with a plan to defend herself or at least find a way to keep her child safe, away from those ruthless men. She knew that there was a high possibility that this might be the last time she would see her daughter, but she was determined to not go down without a fight. She hid behind the tree, holding her daughter to her chest as she peeped through the side to see if the men were there. She heard a noise and swiftly hid behind the tree again.

"Where the hell is she?!" The woman closed her eyes while trying to stay as silent as possible while praying her child would stay quiet. She heard the men run in the opposite direction. She was relieved but knew she could not let her guard down. She waited for a few minutes for safety, till she ran away from the direction the men ran to. However, what she had no idea was that there was an ever-present danger waiting for her and she was heading towards the lion's cage.

As she was running, she felt someone grab a hold of her and pull her with supernatural strength. She fell on her back, still holding her daughter close and making sure that the child would not get hurt on impact. She looked up at the person standing in front of her.

"Well, Hello there!" The man said this with a sadistic smirk on his face. His eyes were pitch black with visible veins underneath his eyes. As he smiled, she saw his fangs.

"A-Adrian?" The woman's eyes widened in fear. The vampire in front of her was once the man she thought she would marry. They had had a bad breakup because of his obsession with vampires and power. She had no idea that he had turned into the creature. It looked like he had turned his emotions off. However, she would not be surprised if he was naturally this cold because as a human he was ruthless and filled with anger, and as a vampire, all those qualities were amplified.

"Victoria! Are you not happy to see me? Sweetheart, I'm hurt." Adrian said, mockingly. He looked at the child in her arms and said, "Is this the famous child that every supernatural creature wants to get their hands on? She looks rather plain, don't you think? Well, it's a shame she will never get to see her 1st birthday. Victoria held her child closer to her and stood up.

"Leave her alone, Adrian. She is innocent. I'll come with you, but no harm should come to my child, "said Victoria, shielding her child.

"Oh, my love! I don't want you anymore. I heard that the child you are holding is special. Do you know the power I would have if I had her? It's said that her blood is exquisite and every witch in the world is determined to get their hands on her, to sacrifice her for power. Now imagine the power I will have over the witches if I get my hands on her! Don't worry, those who were after you are dead. You see, I made a deal with a coven of witches who practise the dark arts. They said they would make me truly immortal in exchange for the child, and I am determined to make sure that happens. Now, you have two choices, the easy way or the hard way. One, you hand over the brat and I kill you by snapping your neck or Two, you try to run with the child, which would be in vain because I will catch you within seconds, where I will drink every drop of blood from your pretty little body while ensuring you feel pain, and I will make sure that as you take your last breath you will see your daughter being taken to her certain death. On the bright side, you will meet her on the other side. Maybe." Adrian smirked and walked towards her like a hunter towards his prey.