Chicago

Hey Guys! I know I have been M.I.A but I was dealing with some personal issues that really put me in a space where I wasn't able to write anything and I was tied up with projects. but I am back and I will try to update more frequently. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Tori watched as Stefan returned from the errand Klaus had sent him to do. She noticed the bloodstains on his shirt. She knew Stefan had tried to clean himself up before entering the room, but he had missed a spot.

"Did the bracelet work?" Tori asked her uncle, who had grabbed his bag and removed a shirt.

"Yeah, it helps; I have more control," Stefan told his niece.

"Hmm," Tori hummed out, unsure whether Stefan was telling the truth or not. She knew her uncle was struggling, and after his interaction with Damon and seeing Elena, he was on edge. She really wished she could help more, and she was worried about how she would be able to get Stefan back if he flipped the switch, which she knew he was struggling to keep intact.

"We will be leaving in an hour, so finish packing and get ready," Stefan told Tori.

"Wait what? I need sleep, unlike you vampires," Tori told her uncle.

"You can sleep in the car," Stefan told Tori.

"But I want to sleep in this uncomfortable, questionable clean bed," Tori joked as she got out of the bed and grabbed her jacket, putting it on. "I'm ready," Tori told her uncle.

"That's it? Don't you have to pack your stuff?" Stefan asked Tori

"Uh, we left Mystic Falls in a hurry; I didn't have time to pack my favorite Star Wars t-shirt and boots; this is all of my stuff... You know that I think it is a good thing because, with our trip, I have worn down the soles of my boots." Stefan laughed at his niece as he packed his bag.

"How's the leg?" Stefan asked his niece.

"Uh, it hurts a bit but should be okay in a few days, especially with the new werewolf healing. So, where are we going now?" Tori asked her uncle.

"Not sure; Klaus is in a mood, so let's go before we have to deal with another hissy fit," Stefan told his niece, who snorted.

"Yeah, he could give Caroline a run for her money, huh?" Tori joked, making Stefan laugh.

*0*0*0*0*0*0*

Bill called his youngest daughter on the phone over and over again, only to get her voicemail. He had checked to see if Tori was in New York, but as he suspected, she wasn't, and officially, his daughter was missing. Bill's biggest fear was Caroline being the reason for Tori's disappearance; he didn't know whether Liz knew about the situation or not. At the moment, he wasn't willing to risk anything.

"Daddy, are you there? Why won't you talk to me? Dad!" Caroline yelled as she struggled in her chair. Bill winced as he heard his daughter's voice. Every time she called him dad, he felt his heartbreak even more. Taking a deep breath, he walked into the cell his daughter was tied up in.

"Shhh. I'm so sorry this happened to you," Bill told Caroline.

"Dad..."

"I need some answers. Where is your sister? I know you lied to me about where she is, so tell me. Did you kill her?" Bill asked

"Dad...no! I would never hurt her. I am not a monster!" Caroline told Bill

"Oh, darling, but you are a monster. If you didn't kill her, where is she?" Bill asked, but Caroline looked away. She knew if she revealed where her sister had gone, then Tori's secret would also be out.