The Truth pt 2

Chapter 9

Damon received a call from Sheriff Forbes asking him to come to the founder's hall. Damon rushed to meet her but was surprised to see John Gilbert there too. Damon was slightly unnerved since his conversation with the prick last night.

"Damon, thanks for coming," Liz greeted the vampire. "There was a disturbance at the hospital blood bank last night; some of the supply was compromised."She said, John looked at Damon with a knowing smirk. "Compromised? You mean stolen?" Damon asked concerned, he didn't need any problems right now, especially since John was in town threatening him. "We almost missed it. The inventory records were altered but when the night manager was questioned he had no recollection of changing them." Liz continued. "Meaning that the vampire who stole the blood used mind control to hide the theft." John said folding his arms as he looked at Damon. "I know what you meant." Damon said as he narrowed his eyes annoyed. Sensing the hostility Liz continued "We wouldn't have noticed had John not alerted us to recent discrepancies in other hospital blood banks in the county." She said, she worried that the vampire or vampires that were in town were here to find Tori, she was desperate to find the creature and kill it, till that happened she would not be able to sleep well. "How lucky for us, we have John." Damon said rather sarcastically. "We're stepping up security at the hospital, giving the guard vervain to prevent this from happening again." Liz said.

"Sheriff, may I offer a suggestion? Why don't Damon and I put our heads together? We can track down whoever is doing this." John suggested confusing Damon.

"Truthfully I can use the extra hands. Is that something you would be willing to do?"Liz asked hopeful, she trusted Damon and she'd rather deal with him than John.

"Well, of course, I mean if it'll help." Damon said smiling at Liz and John.

"I think we could make a good team, don't you think Damon?"John said smirking as he looked at Damon. "John, whatever I can do to help keep this town safe; even if it means spending time with you." Damon said faking his smile.

John looked at Liz "Now that this is settled, I am going to leave, see you late Damon. And Liz give my love to Caroline and Victoria," John said, Damon furrowed his eyebrows when John said Victoria, it sounded like he hated the girl. Damon looked at Liz who looked like she was going to shoot John. "Hmm," Liz replied gritting her teeth. Before Damon could ask what happened Liz walked out the hall after saying goodbye to Damon. Damon was confused. What did John have against a kid? He thought as he walked out the hall.

*0*0*0*0*0*0*

Damon was confused, who was stealing the blood from the hospital. After his conversation with Anna, who claimed she was not the one responsible, he was racking his brain for a possible answer when it clicked. Stefan. Damon was surprised to see the drastic change in his brother's attitude. Usually that happened when Stefan was drinking Human blood, with the events the past week in a half it seemed Stefan was struggling more than he would have liked to admit. Speak of the devil, Stefan entered the house after coming back from school. Damon decided to confront his brother "How was school? He asked the usually brooding brother. "Fine." Stefan replied as he walked past Damon in the hallway. "Yeah? Same old, same old? Nothing new? No stories to bring home?" Damon asked pressing further making Stefan stop and turn suspicious of his brother's sudden interest in his life. "You're making small talk, why?" Stefan asked suspicious of his brother's intent. "You seem awfully chipper lately, less doom and gloom, a little more pep in your step." Damon said smirking at his brother. "And you think it's because I drank human blood again." Stefan told confirming Damon suspicion a little. "I don't want to brag but, I would definitely take responsibility for this new and improved you." He said smiling at his brother who looked annoyed. "Well, I hate to burst your bubble but I'm clean." Stefan said as he raised his hand like he was surrendering. "Yeah, not possible." Damon scoffed "Not only isn't possible but it is quite true." Stefan said smiling at his brother. Damon looked at Stefan conflicted on whether he was telling the truth or no. "Stefan, just be serious for a second. You spent the last century and a half being a poster child for Prozac and now you expect me to believe that this new you has nothing to do with human blood. Nothing." He asked trying to read Stefan's face. "I'm clean." Stefan replied turning to walk away from Damon, confirming Damon's suspicion. "You're lying!" Damon said surprised that his goody two shoes brother was flat out lying to him. "Believe what you want." Stefan said as he ran to his room leaving a perplexed Damon who was planing a way to make Stefan admit the truth.