Ugh, the 60s

Tori drove around town trying to cool off. After she left the Salvatore mansion she knew if she returned home she could lose control accidentally in front of her mom. She drove to the small clearing, the same place she always came when she was upset. After spending almost two hours at the clearing she finally decided to go back home. She needed to protect herself, Caroline, and her Mom.

Tori entered her house to see her mother sit in the living room with a worried expression. Liz had just finished gathering herself after Matt revealed to her that Caroline was a vampire. She was in shock and pain that her daughter had died and she had no idea whether her other daughter was a vampire or not.
"Tori? I thought you were staying with your father till next week," Liz said as she saw her youngest daughter enter the house

"No, didn't you get my voicemail?  I wanted to come back earlier plus, I have schoolwork to submit, Care asked me to help with the school dance this weekend, plus I missed a lot of classes. Mom, are you okay?" Tori asked her mother as she saw her mom's distressed look.

"Oh, I forgot to check my messages... You look exhausted. Why don't I make us some tea and then you can head to bed, okay?" Liz said. She needed to know if both her daughter were vampires or whether only Caroline was one. She decided to test out the theory by feeding Tori vervain, she knew if Tori was a vampire too she would lose it. She couldn't handle the thought of killing either of her daughters but if they were in fact vampires it meant that they were already dead.

"Yeah, mom. That sounds good. I'll go keep my things in my room," Tori said as she walked into her bedroom

Liz walked to the kitchen with tears in her eyes. Her hands were shaking as she took the pot to boil the water but due to nerves, she dropped it causing a loud noise.

"Is everything okay?" Tori yelled out from her room

"Yeah, honey. Did you have dinner?" Liz asked as she grabbed the pot filling it with water.

"I had a heavy lunch, too full to eat," Tori answered

"Okay," Liz said as she quickly heated a pot of water and filled two glasses with tea mixed with the vervain Damon had given to her.

Tori sat on her bed seeing her phone with messages from Damon, Elena, Stefan, and Jermey. Tori opened Jeremy's text and scoffed at the message. She was mad at him too for keeping their plan a secret. She felt used and hurt. Tossing her phone aside, she walked to her kitchen where her mom stood with two cups of tea. Liz half-heartedly smiled at her daughter before handing her the tea. Tori was too exhausted to notice the fear and sadness on Liz's face as she took the cup.

Liz watched as her daughter take the cup of tea, lifting it to her mouth. Unknown to the teenager her mother was holding a syringe filled with concentrated vervain that could kill a vampire or at least make it pass out, under the counter, ready to inject if what sat in front of her was a blood-sucking creature instead of her youngest daughter.

Tori drank the tea, the usual slightly bitter tea was sweeter than she remembered and smelt different. Liz watched closely as her daughter drank the tea with no reaction to the vervain. Relief spread through her making her let out a sob. Liz ran to her daughter and hugged her tight, afraid to let go confusing Tori.

"Mom? What's wrong? Are you okay?"Tori asked as she heard her mother cry as she squeezed the young girl.

"I missed you so much, honey. I am so sorry," Liz cried out as he held her daughter

"Mom, I am fine, I am home," Tori told her mom.

After an hour, Tori decided to head to her room while her mother had gone to the police station. She was glad she was home alone because now she had to figure out a way to de-link herself from Bonnie.