Sacrifice Yourself

"Welcome back, honey," Tori heard as she opened her eyes. She blinked a couple times, trying to clear her vision as everything was blurry to her.

"Here, sweetie, drink this," the woman said as she gave the girl a glass that smelled like a concoction of different herbs.

"What is this?" Tori asked, her voice sounding hoarse.

"Tea with some healing herbs for your fever," the woman said as she sat beside Tori. Tori scrunched up her nose as she swallowed the bitter tea, making the woman laugh at her expression.

"Where am I?" Tori asked the woman

"You're at home, honey," the woman told the young girl, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No, this is not my house; where is my mom, sister?" Tori asked, slightly panicked.

"Here, drink this; your dad is on his way," the woman told the girl.

"I'm sorry, fever? Dad? Who are you?" Tori asked the woman

"OH MY!" Bree exclaimed as she touched Tori's forehead and face

"Honey, it's me, Bree, your godmother," Bree told Tori as she slowly walked towards the girl, trying to calm her.

"You had a terrible fever, honey. You were very sick and were unconscious for three days," Bree told the girl.

"No, I need to find Caroline and my mom," Tori said as she pushed Bree away and ran out the door. She felt a powerful force of dark magic surrounding her, and the witch Bree was not someone she trusted. She knew something was wrong; it was like she was surrounded by evil. Tori rushed to the main door of the house as the woman, whose name she knew was Bree, chased after her, calling out her name. Just as Tori opened the door, she bumped into somebody, causing her to fall back, but before she hit the ground, she felt someone catch her. "Tori!" Tori heard.

"Damon?" Tori relaxed when she saw a familiar face, knowing she was not in danger.

"Damon? Since when do you call me Damon? Aren't you supposed to be in bed? Come on," Damon said as he carried his daughter back into her bedroom

"Damon? What's going on? Where's Caroline? Where's my mom?" Tori asked as Damon placed her on the bed.

"Okay, One... Why are you calling me Damon? What happened to Dad? Daddio?" Damon asked

"What are you talking about? I have always called you Damon. Look, I know you are my father biologically, but I only found out about you a few weeks ago. Plus, the only person I call Daddio is my adoptive father. Now where are my mom and sister?" Tori asked, irritated.

"Tori, what are you talking about?" Damon asked, worried

"Caroline? Where is she, Damon? Stop messing with me." Tori began to panic, saying, "Look, I need my sister or Jeremy."

"What is going on?" Damon asked, worried about his daughter, "Bree? What's wrong with her?" Damon inquired of the witch, who stood in the corner of the room.

"I think when she was unconscious, she dreamed of a different life, and she isn't able to differentiate between what's real and fiction," the witch said.

"She hasn't had her tea yet." Damon asked, and Tori felt uncomfortable seeing Damon's expression. Bree shook her head. Something about Bree and Damon's looks put Tori on edge. Her instinct told her there was something more to the situation here. "Stop talking to each other as if I am not here," Tori said as she got out of bed. "I am not sick; I wasn't sick, and I'm not going to be sick. Look, Katherine stabbed me, and I remember passing out, and I need to be with Care. She compelled Mom to forget about us being supernatural creatures, and I know it was really hard on her. She must be a wreck, and I am wasting precious time talking to you," Tori ranted, but Damon caught her shoulders shaking.