Cast a Spell

Chapter 3

Third POV

Stefan rushed into the Salvatore boarding house, Zach was startled at the sudden appearance of his great-great-something uncle.

"What's going on?" Zach asked Stefan, following him to his room.

"Someone else was attacked tonight, Zach, and it wasn't me." He replied. Zach was shocked. There was another vampire in town. This is bad news. This meant that Stefan's identity was at stake (pun not intended).

Zach left the room. Stefan was pacing in his room when a crow barged into Stefan's room. Stefan was startled. Fear crept over him. When he realized who was the one that attacked Vicky,

Damon stood on the balcony, smirking at his little brother.

"Damon," Stefan said, shocked.

"Hello, brother," Damon said, with a sinister grin.

Earlier that morning,

"So, Tori. I'm going to the party at 9:00 pm. So, we will have to start getting ready as soon as school's over. Caroline asked her sister, who was writing something in a notebook. Caroline looked over at her sister, who was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Tori! Tori!!" Caroline called out to her sister.

"Huh!" Tori looked at her sister.

"Sorry! was in the zone," Tori said sheepishly to her sister.

"Seriously! What do you write in that book anyway?" Caroline asked her sister. Tori had a nasty habit of completely zoning out at random moments in a day.

"Oh you know, random thoughts," Tori replied.

"So, what were you saying?" Tori asked.

"I said that we should get ready as soon as we get back home from school because I want to be there at 9:00, which is the perfect time because I'm not too early nor too late. Plus, I can't wait to see Stefan. I am going to flirt with him a little, turn on the charm, and soon we will be planning a June wedding. You know, he might one day be your brother-in-law. "

"Care not to burst your fictitious bubble. Stefan looked like he was really into Elena. Plus, just so you know, you don't need to act all flirty and shit to charm a guy, just be yourself. I like you a whole lot better when I talk to the real, caring, genuine Caroline."

"Oh please! Stefan will fall in love with me. Mark my words, Sweety! And aww, I love you too, but flirting with a guy is how you get the guy. Maybe if you tried it, you and Jeremy would be hooking up or maybe dating by now. Honestly, I have no idea why you guys have not done it yet, at least the dating bit. " Caroline stated, not realizing the grimace Tori made when her sister mentioned Jeremy. Tori hated to admit it, but she did have a crush on Jeremy for the longest time, but he never showed any interest in her. Tori had made her peace with the fact she would always remain in the friend zone when it came to Jeremy, even if they were barely friends anymore.

"Oh! Before I forget, Luke and I decided to go together to the party, " Tori said nonchalantly.

"WHAT!! Oh My Gosh! He is so cute. Aww! You guys would make such a cute couple. He certainly beats the last guy who you dated...."

"Care! Wait, no! He is just a friend." Tori said

"Oh phish-posh, he is not just a friend, I have seen the way he looks at you. He is not looking to just be your friend. God! You are so oblivious sometimes. "

"Okay, even if he did like me, which is a big if,"

"Which it isn't," Caroline said, rolling her eyes at her sister.