In Vain (Pt 2)

Chapter 6

Stefan knocked on the door waiting for someone to open the door. "Stefan? What are you doing here, at this hour?" Tori asked

"I wanted to thank you for Elena," Stefan said smiling at the girl. He knew she was not particularly fond of Elena at the moment because Elena had ordered her to stay away from Jeremy.

"You don't have to thank me, location spells are a piece of cake when you have something of the person," Tori said

"No, for saving her and Damon. She told me how she was taken by Lexi's boyfriend as revenge against Damon. She said she was tied to a fence and magically the restraints disappeared. I'm guessing you had something to do with it." Stefan said.

"Oh! That...yeah. It was no biggie,"

"No, it is a big deal. Elena told me how when Lee tried lighting the match the flame kept blowing out. How did you do that? I have never heard of any witch who had the power to do that," Stefan asked

"Not a normal witch," Tori said

"Right, thank you,"

"Anytime," Tori said. Stefan smiled at the girl and walked away.

Tori shut the door. "When did Stefan learn about you being a witch?" Tori heard

"Couple of weeks back. I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Sheila looked at the girl disappointed "I'm sorry." Tori continued

"You don't have to apologize dear. You saved Bonnie." Sheila said to the girl "Now dear, the reason I came here was because I believe it may be time for Bonnie to know about you. I need you to protect her always and guide her."

"Why does it sound like you are saying goodbye?" Tori asked worriedly

"Because I believe my time is coming soon. I have been having visions that indicated my time was near."

"What! No! Maybe you interpreted it wrong..."Tori said panicked 

"I know what I saw. I need you to help Bonnie, look after her. I am going to leave my grimoire for her with instructions. I also got you this. I know you have been writing your spells in a notebook. I thought I would give you a proper grimoire and the feather pen you always wanted," Sheila said as she handed the girl the book and pen. "I found this recently. It reminded me of you. I am so proud of you. I know I was hard on you but, I wanted you to be strong. I wanted to be there for Bonnie too but, my days are numbered." Tori was crying. The thought of losing Sheila who was her mentor, friend, a mother figure, was unbearable. Tori hugged Sheila. She closed her eyes to see how she was going to die. Maybe she could prevent it but Sheila blocked the girl.

 Maybe she could prevent it but Sheila blocked the girl