In Vain (Pt 1)

Chapter 5

"So, how did you know I was a witch?"

"Because I am a vampire," Tori turned her head, getting whiplash in the process

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I don't drink human blood,"

"Did Vicki turn because of that bite on her neck?"

"No, in order for one to become a vampire, they need to die with vampire blood in their system,"

"Oh, Thank God! I thought I was going to turn. I have no idea how I can look at Matt again. Vicki is dead and... Wait, who killed Vicki? You know before she went all twilight on me"

"My brother,"

"WHAT! Why?"

"My brother likes to cause a lot of trouble. He was punishing me for locking him up and leaving him to rot.'

"Gosh! That is messed up. I read about vampires during magic class. I never thought I would see one, let alone three."

"Magic class?"

"Oh yeah, training to ensure I have control over my powers, How old are you anyway?"

"A hundred and sixty-four,"

"Woah," Tori said in disbelief. "You know, when I saw Vicki today, I knew something was off,"

"What do you mean?"

"I felt death, darkness. It didn't feel human,"

"When you are around me or Damon, what do you feel?" Stefan asked.

"I didn't feel that, like, right now when I look at you," Tori said as she turned to face Stefan."I feel safe, comfortable, and protected. There is a darkness to you, guilt, but I can feel the innocence in your heart," Tori said. Stefan stared at Tori.

"So, how long have you known you were a witch?" Stefan asked.

"I always knew I was different, as cliche as it sounds. When I was five and Caroline six, We had each gotten a red balloon from the carnival. Caroline and I were arguing about who had the bigger ballon when I accidentally let it go and it floated away. Care was teasing me saying I had butterfingers or something making me mad after that all I remember was feeling this power as I concentrated and the balloon came back and when I looked at Care's ballon and concentrated it deflated, Caroline was stunned but I never thought anything of it because I was happy to get my balloon back while I won the argument." Tori said as she laughed remembering that day. Caroline was upset so Tori gave her Ballon to her and all was well. " At the age of ten, I learned about me being a witch. I accidentally hurt a girl who was bullying me. After that, Sheila took me in and explained everything about witches." Tori continued. 

"Is that when you knew you were adopted?"

"Yeah,"

"Have you tried to find anything about your birth parents?"

"I wanted to, but now not so much," Tori said.

"What changed?" Stefan asked.

"I wanted to find out about my birth parents. I asked Sheila,"

"Do you mean Sheila Bennet?"

"Yeah..... sh*t, you weren't supposed to know that," Tori freaked out. Tori was good at keeping secrets. 'What the hell is wrong with me today?" She thought to herself as she smacked her forehead.

"I already know Sheila and Bonnie were witches. In fact, I knew her ancestor Emily, and I met Sheila when she was just a teenager,"

"Great, phew," Tori said, wiping the imaginary sweat from her forehead.