The Truth

Chapter 8

Tori, Damon and Alaric walked to Alaric's car in silence after their rescue mission. Tori was exhausted having performed powerful spells after a long time. Ever since Sheila Bennet's death Tori struggled to practice spells without feeling the loss of her mentor. When Tori found out Stefan was in danger the little witch felt overly protective over the vampire. Although Tori had no idea why she felt this way. Damon watched Tori who seemed a million miles away, walk. He couldn't deny the fact that the little witch meant something more than an acquaintance. He knew there was something about her, a familiarity, but he couldn't for the life of him figure it out. Damon vowed to find out more about Tori, ever since he found out the girl was adopted by the Forbes family he felt an urgent need to solve the mystery that was Tori.

The sound of Tori's phone ringing brought Tori back to reality and Damon out of his thoughts. The girl took her phone from the pocket to see Jeremy calling her. "Hey J!" Tori answer the call to find a hysterical Jeremy. "Hey, Hey, slow down. What's wrong?" Tori furrowed her eyebrows worried, stopping in her tracks. Damon and Alaric watched the girl's face pale with what Jeremy told her. Damon listened in on the conversation, dread filling him. "It's Vi-Vicky, T. She gone, de-dead. Caroline found her body," Jeremy cried out telling his best friend. Alaric noticed Damon's face showing a hint of panic and guilt surprising the hunter that the vampire had emotions.

"Where are you?" Tori asked as she felt the guilt. She felt terrible for hiding the truth from Matt and Jeremy. She hated lying to them but based on the situation there was not a lot she could do. "I'm at Matt's place. Your mom and Caroline are here. Please come. I need you," Jeremy sobbed out breaking Tori's heart. "I'm on my way," Tori told Jeremy before hanging the call.

"They found Vicky's body," Tori told Damon who looked upset while Alaric looked confused "Who's Vicky?" Alaric asked the witch and vampire. Tori looked at Damon "You wanna tell him or should I?" Tori asked the vampire. Damon narrowed his eyes annoyed with the teenager's attitude. "Vicky was Matt Donovan's sister, who Damon attacked repeatedly and then later killed due to boredom. Am I missing anything else?" Tori asked the vampire. "Not just boredom but also as a way to get back at Stefan," Damon smirked and told the witch making her scoff at his answer. Damon yelled out in pain when Tori gave him a painful aneurysm. Tori, after a few seconds stopped inflicting pain and turned to Alaric while Damon stayed on the ground healing himself after the witch's attack "Mr. Saltzman could you drop me at Matt Donovan's house? Please?" Tori asked the hunter. "Yeah, sure. Just show me the way." Alaric told the teenager. Damon stood up after recovering, pissed. "While you go comfort baby Gilbert, I am going to check on my brother," Damon said and sped away from the witch and hunter.

Alaric drove to the direction Tori told him to go. "How did you manage to kill the vampire who attacked me?" Alaric asked breaking the silence that had filled the car.

"By separating the heart from its body?" Tori told the hunter. She was not in the mood to talk as she was worried about Jeremy, Matt and her sister. While the witch never really cared for Vicky, she hated what happened to her. Nobody deserved the fate Vicky suffered.

"No, I got that. How did you do it?" Alaric asked. He didn't see a weapon nor did he know of the existence of witches. Tori looked at the hunter surprised that he didn't figure out she was a witch "You don't know?" Tori asked the hunter. "Know what?" Alaric asked confused. "I thought you being an experienced hunter you would have figured it out, especially with that ring you have," Tori told the hunter. "I'm a witch. With the way things are going I think it's best you know, as long as you don't tell anyone." Tori told Alaric. "So, you really can find my wife?" Alaric asked. He finally had hope, hope to reunite with the woman he loves and finally get the answers that haunted him.