23. Mitwa

Since my Wattpad was dead, I thought why not update. Cheers! 😁

~
𝑱𝒐𝒉 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒂𝒉𝒆𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒊
𝑾𝒐𝒉 𝒃𝒂𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒚𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒂

~𝑱𝒐𝒉 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒂𝒉𝒆𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒊 𝑾𝒐𝒉 𝒃𝒂𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒚𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒂

"I don't know why all this matters to me. I don't know why you matter to me. But you do! And I can't do anything about it." I bellow.

"I don't matter to you." He corrects me. "If I did then--"

"Then? Then what?"

"Jo aaj hua, wo kabhi na hota." It was pouring, full-fledged like the sky above had turned on all its showers all the way up to high. His hair fell against his forehead in waves, water droplets rolling down his face. The v-neck T-shirt snugged to his trunk like a second skin, highlighting the muscled torso, defining the abs. I could taste the rain on my lips when I opened my mouth.

(Today would never have happened.)

"Aaj kya hua Fahad?" I watched his jaw tick as his glare turned hard.

(What happened today, Fahad?)

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Is that true? Okay. So tell me, why did it bother you?" The abrupt change in his facial expressions signaled to me that I had hit the right spot, and Urged me to go on. "Tell me, what was about it that made you go Hulk in seconds? Bolo, Fahad. Caleb mujhe propose karne main aysa kiya hai jo itni takleef hui tumhe?"

In a second I was drawn against his chest. His hand gripped my forearms in a tight grip while my hands stayed between us. I waited for him to say something, anything but he didn't. Rather, there was a fire lit in his dark orbs which challenged me to push his buttons further.

"Nahi hai na himmat? Confess karne ki? Baat clear karne ki?" I mock with a sarcastic smile and chuckle when he suddenly shoves me away.

(You don't have it, do you? You don't have the guts to confess!)

"I know you won't ask me about it. You can and you will sulk for the rest of your life if possible but never attempt to clear the misunderstanding." I snarl bitterly.

"Misunderstanding," He scoffs, turning his head to look away.

If we were under any other circumstances, he was sure to earn a punch in his oh-so-pretty face from me for that.

"I don't think your self-obsessed self will buy the words, but I'll just say it for the sake." Reaching forward, I grip his chin between my thumb and forefinger forcing him to look at me. "Mere aur Caleb ke beech me kuch ni tha, Fahad. Kuch. Bhi. Nahi. He proposed to me and I turned it down because I never saw him that way. For me, we were best friends and nothing more than that. Ye agar aapke Indian mindset ko baat samajh aati hai to theek. Otherwise, help yourself because I don't care anymore!"