36. Rait Zara Si

𝑹𝒐𝒛 𝑴𝒐𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝑷𝒂𝒅𝒉𝒕𝒂 𝑯𝒂𝒊
𝑫𝒊𝒍 𝒀𝒆 𝑻𝒖𝒎 𝑺𝒆 𝑱𝒖𝒅𝒕𝒂 𝑯𝒂𝒊
𝑯𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒐𝒏 𝑴𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝒀𝒖𝒏 𝑼𝒅𝒕𝒂 𝑯𝒂𝒊
𝑯𝒐 𝑱𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝑹𝒂𝒊𝒕 𝒁𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝑺𝒊

Author's P.O.V

Fahad sat unmoving in his seat, attempting to stomach the piece of sentence he just read. The text highlighted in red swimming before his eyes.

"She lied." He muttered under his breath, letting the harsh reality of the words sink in. "I can't believe she lied to me."

"My Jaana-- lied to me!"

Rage surged through Fahad, causing him to kick the passenger door open. He didn't give two shits about the numerous injuries and limped his way into the house. Behind him, the Uber driver called his name but he paid no heed and continued to drag his broken feet past the front door.

"Where is Saira?" He grits through clenched teeth, sighting the confused look on his parents' faces.

"What happened?" Maqsood inquires, getting to his feet.

"Saab, aapka ye crutch--"

"Saira's employer is going to fire her if she doesn't report to work this Monday. Did you know?"

"Who said?" Hafsa counters, coming to stand beside her husband defensively. "Saira boli thi ke, sab theek--"

"Jhoot boli Saira. Mujhse. Aapse. Hum sabse." He seethed, feeling it sting like hell. "Kuch theek nahi hai. Uske office se aaj ich email aaya."

(She lied. To me. To you. To everyone. Nothing is alright. Her office emailed to her just today.)

"Lekin. . ." Mummy trails off.

"Where is she?" Fahad asks again, but on hearing no response, he clenched his fists and twirled around in the direction of his room.

"Ruko, Fahad." Old Abdullah stops him. "Humlog jake baat karte. Tum mat aao abhi."

(Wait, Fahad. We'll go and talk first. It won't do any good if you approach her now.)

Without giving him a chance to respond or oppose the idea, the couple walks past him and down to his room. Fahad didn't just stand there and wait for them. Instead, he marched back to the front door to see the Uber driver standing there huddled in a corner.

"What?" He practically barks at the poor guy, causing him to jump in his place.

"Aapki stick." He says meekly, handing it over. Fahad glances between the two before pulling out his phone and ringing someone.

"Hello, haan, kaha hai? . . . Pandra minute me mil meku apne spot pe. . .Chalo, right."

(Hello, yea, where you at?. . .Meet in five at our usual spot.)

An inaudible sigh leaves Fahad's mouth when he ends the call just as quickly starting it. Sliding the device back into the front pocket of his jeans, he meets his gaze.

"Naam kiya hai tumhara?" He inquired, making sure to keep his tone light.

(What's your name?)

"Haseeb."

"Haseeb miya, ek jagah kaam hai meku. Bus, waha pe jake aajainge apan. Uske baad, tum free."

(Listen Haseeb, I have to be somewhere now. Take me there. Then, you're free to leave.)

"Money?"

"Main detu. Tum bas leke chalo. 15 minute ka kaam hai khaali." Haseeb gives Fahad an uncertain nod, sauntering out to his car.