24. Locha-e-Ulfat

I was planning on putting this chapter up a lil bit sooner, but I am down with a real bad flu. Feelin' horrible. 🥶🤧

P.S. Mini dhamaka coming your way 🌚 

I let out a forced chortle at something she said; I didn't know what but was so funny she just couldn't stop laughing

I let out a forced chortle at something she said; I didn't know what but was so funny she just couldn't stop laughing. My feet tapping impatiently against the ground with a fake smile plastered on my face.

Kahan phasadiyea mummy meku aap!

If it weren't for her who asked me to chat with this lady here, I'd never have even set foot around her. Especially when I have so many things to look after. Number one being, Saira.

I was yet to see her in the outfit of my choice. Scanning the area once again to as far as my heavy eyes could focus I dart my gaze around. Only to find no traces of her.

Kahan dhoondu main usku? Maybe just ring her. . .? Nah! After last night, I don't think she might want to see my face, nor hear my voice. I can be a real dick sometimes, totally giving into my anger. Who knows, if she even wore the dress I chose for her?

Kisku malum jala di ghusse me aake dress ku ich! Usku bhi khatarnak ghussa aata.

Aur ye mummy bhi--

I freeze, watching her step before me out of nowhere. Regarding me a pointed look, she turned to the girl saying something to her which my ears failed to register. Myself mesmerized to see her like that. A snarky smirk adorned her face, with the top of her ears turned red. Her arms crossed against her chest as she glared, shooting daggers at the poor soul. That's when I realized she was pissed!

Ghusse main aur bhi zyada pyaari dikhti!

I watched in awe as she told her off using 'Nirma', called Maryam over who accidentally spilled the glass on her dress. I had to stifle my bubbling laugh when her gaze found mine after her departure.

"Aapki pill." She says curtly, taking my hand in hers and stuffing the plastic in my palm."Zaroorat to aapko hai nahi. Bilkul fit and fine lagre aap but aunty bole mujhe aapko dene ke liyea."

(You don't seem to need it, looking fit and fine but, aunty had told me to give it to you.)

"Is someone jealous?"

Her hair parted from the middle, secured on both sides with pins with the pearl tika falling on her forehead. The heavy jhumkas adorning her ear with her hair falling in soft curls. Her cheeks puffed up from the stunt she pulled and her mouth set. Locking gaze with me for the last time, the frown still prominent, she begins to walk away.

Grabbing her wrist, I pull her back into me catching a whiff of her sweet scent making her smell like a whole fucking meal.

"Aye, Junglee billi!" I croak in her ear.