40. Besabriyaan

𝑨𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒂𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒚𝒔𝒂
𝑵𝒂 𝒋𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒈𝒂 𝒌𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒂
𝒋𝒐 𝒚𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒈𝒂𝒚𝒂

Bhai was definitely not kidding when he said Fahad and I were to not see, meet or talk to each other until our nikah

Bhai was definitely not kidding when he said Fahad and I were to not see, meet or talk to each other until our nikah. The day we had landed was the first and last time we actually saw each other. Which was exactly 13 days ago. My phone was confiscated as though I was a spoiled teenage brat, who just couldn't stop from cuming into the phone on hearing her boyfriend's husky voice. The elders readily agreed to Bhai's words, carelessly bouncing their shoulders when he'd announced his decision. Imran, Maryam, Emad, and Rehana baji were of no help either, wordlessly obeying his command.

'Sab ke sab mile hue hai!' I had yelled, near to pulling my hair out of my skull, when I had tried to woo them into allowing me to call Fahad last night. 'Sab ke sab!'

But, nothing could stop me now. Sucking in a deep breath, I push the door to Emad's room which he was sharing with Bhai for the rest of the trip and stomped my way inside.

"Do you not like Fahad?" 

"Huh?" He lazily glanced my way over his phone, sprawled on the bed.

"Do you hate him? Is that why you're doing all of this?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Isn't it, I don't know, obvious?" I try and sound nonchalant, crossing my arms over my chest. "Pehle, you used to school me to understand Fahad, not jump to conclusions, give him space, trust him, blah blah blah. What happened now?" I demand.

"Arey, deewani bachi!"

"Don't call me that! I'm so mad at you, Bhai. Aapke saath hua to pata chalta." I bite my tongue on the last bit, scared he might take it in the other way.

"Usko abhi time hai. Baat yaha Fahd aur tumhari chalri this." (Still time for that. We were talking about you and Fahad here, by the way.)

"Yes! Tell me why you're torturing us. You won't at least let him visit me. Jab se aayi, apne Fahad ki shakal ni dekhi main!" I slump down on the bed sitting across from him and curl into a ball, feigning innocence.

(I didn't even look at my Fahad's face since that day.)

"Apni manhoosiyat mat phailao tum, idher." (Keep your grim vibes to yourself and don't spread them here.)

"Bhai!!!"

"Kiya hai?"

"I want Fahad." Fisting my hands, I pound on the mattress.

"Besharam! Bade bhai ke saamne ayse baatan karre." (Have you no shame speaking that way in front of your older brother?)

"Bada bhai hi humari story ka villain hai to main kya karun?" I sassed. "Baat to karwado atleast. Nahi mile to bhi chalta."