46. Boond Boond

Catch a vibe from the chapter title 👆🏻

I stroll down the narrow passage of the flight, my eyes searching for the numbers 10 A and 10 B

I stroll down the narrow passage of the flight, my eyes searching for the numbers 10 A and 10 B. After walking some more, I come across rows 8 and 9 before stopping at the seats right after. 

"The window seat is mine," Fahad announces from behind me. Spinning around to face him, I flash a sly smile. "Jaana, wo seat meri hai. I can't have people bumping into my arm all the time."

"Biwi ki khushi se badhke hai aapko ye seat? Waise bhi, sirf 5 hours ki flight hai. 5 hours me ayse kitne disturbance hoti?"

(Is it more dear to you than your wife's happiness? It's a 5 hour flight, anyway.)

"Don't," He warns, raising his brows.

"All okay, sir?" A flight attendant comes to stand by us with a welcoming smile on his face. "I can put away the backpack for you, ma'am."

"Thank you so much," I thank, looping my arms out of the bag and handing it over to him, and swiftly slide into the seat by the window, ignoring the glare directed at me. 

"I love first class!" Giving Fahad a cheeky grin, I pat the seat next to me. "I'm sure that is as comfy as this one."

Mumbling something under his breath, he plops down beside me with a dramatic huff. Crossing his arms over his chest, Fahad resorts to staring ahead of him. 

"Fahad," I call his name, biting back a grin when he does not respond.

Let's try a little nicer this time. "Fahad,"

Mm-mmm.

"Jaaaaaan? " I stretch, poking his bulging bicep, earning a low grunt.

"What?"

"Look at me," Not very surprised when he refuses to glance my way, I grab his chin and turn his face towards me. "I love you,"

With a deep scowl, he grumbles. "I love you more,"

Chuckling under my breath, I shake my head at his behavior and sit back. The overhead seat belt sigh blinked, moments after which we took off into the sky. Undoing my seatbelt, I unwrap my hijab and toss it aside. Clamping my eyes shut, I suck in deep breaths to not let nausea get to me. And when I flick them back open, a blonde stewardess was leaning toward Fahad.

Whoa! Where did she come from? Thin air?

"Hello, Mr. Ab-dull-ah." She grinned, stretching her Emirates red-painted lips a bit too extra, and flashed her super white teeth, almost blinding me. Even then, the glint in her eyes as she drank in Fahad did not go unnoticed. "Can I help you with anything? A cup of tea? Coffee? Juice? Perhaps some champagne?"

"A coffee would be nice." He replied mindlessly, not paying much attention to her.

"A coffee, excellent choice." She nodded her head in agreement, causing me to arch my brows. The stewardess takes her sweet time preparing the beverage, asking how much cream and sugar he needed.