1. Mere Khwabon Me

Saira Malik

Saira Malik

Grabbing the remote from the center table, I plop down on the couch with a pack of Takis, open on my lap. I hit play and the song, 'Mere khwabon me jo aaye' filled the living room.

Kaisa hai kon hai wo jaane kaha hai...

Jiske liyea mere hoton pe haa hai...

Apna hai ya began hai wo...

Sach hai ya koi afsaana hai wo...

Dekhe ghoor ghoor ke... Yuhi door door se...

Uss se kaho meri neend na churaye

Licking the Taki, my mind wandered to the figure that appeared in my dream today.

The tall, dark and handsome man, that smiled down at me. Holding my hand, and strolling on a beach.

I couldn't really make out his face, due to the fog that surrounded us. He led me through it, guiding me, until we reached the end. A girl, meeting us at the end of the valley.

She had honey orbs, cute puckered lips and creamy skin. Suddenly the fog cleared up, and she beamed at us.

He let go of my hand he was holding, and said "Go. Go get yourself."

I blinked at him, looking back and forth between him and the girl standing before us.

I step towards her, confused. Until, I realised the girl standing right before me was none other than...I.

"Don't be surprised." She told me. "You just lost me somewhere. And he helped you find yourself." I look at her, trying to take in her words, until I realised this was just a dream.

Why am I even wasting my time on it? Let's move on to another one.

The couch dipped beside me, and a hand making it's way inside the pack of Takis, got me out of the trance. I didn't have to see who it was, because only one person dares to steal Takis from me, and that is bhai. I swat at his hand that was taking a hand full to his mouth, as he winced.

"Saira! Let me have some." He said, reaching forward.

"Bhai, your handful is not "some". It's half the pack. Subhanallah hai hath aapka."

"Allah made it to protect you, deewani. So that, no body comes near my dear sister."

"Aww... You're so sweet." I pull his cheeks, playfully.

"Haina?... now hand me the pack." Before I could react, he grabbed it, moving to the far end of the couch, so that I couldn't reach him. I huffed, diving back in the movie. The scene of the letter from Punjab, going on.

'It has the fragnance of Punjab. Oh! How much I miss that place!' Exclaimed, Amrish Puri shoving the letter in his wife's face, so she could get a whiff of the air, he was talking about.