27. Thoda Thoda Pyaar

Birthday treat for my Sahad fam 🎂 It's a long one. Cheers! 🍸

"What are you trying to do?"

"What?" 

"Dressed like this," Trailing a finger up the side of her bare waist, reaching her shoulder then down her exposed arm. Saira jolts under my touch, her petite frame flinching into mine. "You're asking for a blood bath, Jaana." I husk in her ear.

🖤✨

I felt something cold press against my forehead

I felt something cold press against my forehead. Cracking an eye open, I see mummy sitting beside me on the bed, a bowl of water by her.

"Time?" I ask grogilly.

"1 PM."

"Shit!" I jump in a sitting position, rushing to the bathroom. The piece  of wet cloth on my forehead flying in the air.

"You have a 104 degree fever. Come back, Fahad." She says, pounding on the closed door.

"Mummy kaam hai meku. I have to book a car for Wajih's reception tonight."

"He'll do it, baba."

"He won't, mummy." I say pulling the bathroom door open and rushing  towards my closet. "Saale ku koi cheez ka hosh ni hai. Chota bacha hai une."

"Aap kam chote bache hai? Thumbs up full piyea kal, aur aaj bukhar aagaya."

"Wajih se to kam ich hoon."

"Tumhare bukhar se badhke nai hai kuch bhi, Fahad. Get back on the bed!"

"Mummy!"

"I'm not listening to anything you say."

"Give me 2 hours." I offer, raising to fingers in the air while pulling the tshirt down my arm.

"Not one minute." She argues. After a long series of pleading and wooing, I was finally allowed to set foot out of the house. Instructed to use the car and not my bike.