47. Woh Ishq Mera

This chapter is a special happy 10k to us!! 🥳🎊🎊🎉💃🏻

Maryam Khan

"Don't do anything stupid while you're there, you hear me?" Saira says in a stern voice, pointing a finger at the screen or perhaps at me.

"Yes, ma'am." I roll my eyes once again at her instructions ever since we started talking. It's been a week since they left for Maldives, and after another one, they'll be flying back home. 

"You're on the phone again, Jaana!" I hear bhaiya's booming voice flow through the speakers of my laptop, causing Saira to look away from the camera and scowl.

"I'm talking to Maryam." She says defending herself.

"Apan ek kaam karna tha, sab ko saath leke aana tha. Kabhi tum mummy se baat karte, kabhi daddy se, kabhi uncle se, kabhi aunty se, kabhi shokoor se, kabhi asra phuppo se, aur ab maryam se. Mere se to baat ich nahi karre!"

(We should've bought everyone with us. 'Cuz you're always on the phone with either mummy, or daddy, or Uncle, or Aunty, or Shokoor, or Asra Phuppo, and now Maryam. I'm the one being left out here.)

"Uffff!" It was her time to roll her eyes at the tantrums bhaiya threw. "I called to ask her to grab one of my dresses and drop it at the local tailor for your office party we need to go to on the 31st. Or if you want, I have a black saree ready instead and I can put it on?" Saira smirks. 

There was a dramatic pause of silence, followed by an inaudible 'oh' before I hear bhaiya call my name. His voice was followed by footsteps.

"Maryam, go home as soon as you--"

"Put a shirt on! She's on Facetime." Saira stops him, tossing a maroon-colored cloth from beside her on the bed in the air. I bite back a smile, witnessing the antics of our power couple. Moments later, bhaiya appears on the screen, clothed, and settles down beside his wife.

"Salam, bhaiya!" I greet him with a casual wave of my hand. 

"Walaikumsalam, khairyat Maryam?" He inquires, flashing me a warm smile.

"Alhamdulillah, theek hoon. Aap kaise hai?"

"Zabardast, having the best time of my life. Khair, as I was saying, go home as soon as you can, preferably today and get the dress Saira's saying. Make sure to instruct the tailor to stitch a high collar and sleeves up until here," Bhaiya empathizes closing his fingers around his wrist.

"No way! That suit is a pretty net bell sleeves. I won't let you ruin it for me, Jaan." Turning her attention to me, she says, "Maryam, don't listen to anything he says--"

"Do exactly as I tell you to." He intervenes, raising his brows at me.

"--and follow the catalog picture that comes with the suit."

"What picture?" Bhaiya asks.

"The one given to tailors for reference."

"Oh, yeah! Maryam, you're not following that picture either."

"Fahad!" Saira exclaims, shooting him a horrified look.

"Do as you tell me to. Roger that." I affirm, shooting bhaiya a grin.

"Maryam! You don't betray me!"

"She's not betraying you, only listening to me."

"Sab ko dekh lungi main." Saira grumbles.

(I'll deal with each and every one of you.)

"Anyway, how is your honeymoon going so far?" I tease, wiggling my brows at them.