Chapter 16

If Xian Sheng said the truth, that'd be slapping his face. His subordinates were outside, so how could he tolerate the humiliation? Those that knew the truth would probably be killed by him as well.

Xian Sheng calmed down.

It wasn't the time to fall out with him right now. He was still the Crown Princess of the North. Zhan Lue won't give him up. As for Qin Yi...

He responded, "Because I'm unwilling."

He looked at Qin Yi and said, "You forced me out of the palace before. The prince's brother also had a bad impression on you. They were afraid of having nightmares when they were in laws with you."

Qin Yi's face was ugly, and Xian Sheng was leaning against the wall quietly. He was pale and delicate, which made people reluctant to touch him. Qin Yi squeezed his finger and said, "But then your father let go, but the letter was robbed by Zhan Zhen. He did it on purpose, and he knew I cared..." 

"This doesn't matter. What matters is that he gave back ten cities and let go of tens of thousands of hostages, as well as showing mercy to my second brother. Compared to you, leaving the Liang Country for your own selfish motives, and becoming king of a city, Zhan Lue was much more open and honest." Xian Sheng's tone was faint, and he didn't forget to shift the blame on him. "Had you sent troops earlier, the Liang Country wouldn't be forced to this point. Since you could abandon the country once, you could do so a second time... Say, how dare I entrust you with my life?"

In the end, the emperor of the Liang Country refused at first because Xian Sheng was a guy. If he sent his son over and someone exposed the truth, and Qin Yi went back on his words, the Liang Country would be targeted badly. If Qin Yi really had Xian Sheng in his heart, as long as the 'princess' was here, he'd stay still. Who knew that Qin Yi really watched as Zhan Lue advanced his way to the capital without doing anything.

Qin Yi kept quiet, revealing the anger in his eyes. Xian Sheng looked down and continued to brainwash him, "You're the reason why the South Liang became North Jin's subsidiary country. You're the reason why I was forced to marry Zhan Lue while still sick...Now, you had hurt all these people in the name of protecting me. Do you really want the two countries to go to war, and let me commit suicide to apologize for all these offenses?"
"I can take you away."

"Then what?" Xian Sheng said seriously, "The North Jin is powerful in terms of military, and even has control over the entire South Liang. You only have one city. How many soldiers could you have to compete against Zhan Lue? The Liang Country finally got the peace they yearned for. How many more lives are you going to sacrifice for me?"

"I don't care..." Qin Yi pursed his lips, his gaze on Xian Sheng's lips and the blood on his chest. Then, he suddenly looked down.

He only cared about Xian Sheng, his princess.

Xian Sheng pursed his lips and coughed, shifting his gaze tiredly, ignoring him.

The sky slowly got dark. Qin Yi personally brought him food. Zhan Yin had quietened down outside. It was unclear whether she was frightened or ran out of energy.

"Go get some food for Zhan Yin." Xian Sheng said, and the servant subconsciously looked at Qin Yi. The latter said gloomily, "Did you not hear the princess' order?"

It got quiet again. After a while, Xian Sheng heard cursing, and he wanted to laugh a bit.

The cold food was brought down, and warm food brought back in. This happened consecutively, but Xian Sheng refused to eat.

Qin Yi held natural respect to Xian Sheng, so he didn't dare to force him. He just coaxed him and continued to tell the servants to bring in new food.