Chapter 17

"This maid doesn't dare!"

There was a cold glint in his eyes mixed with anger. Yuehua and Ruyi didn't dare to disobey him. Zhan Lue shifted his gaze and lifted his hands again. His fingers slipped past Xian Sheng's chest and his gaze darkened.

Ruyi turned around and walked out. Yuehua gave her a look. In the next second, she suddenly kicked the chair and it fell down. Even the table was moved, letting out a huge shriek.

Zhan Lue paused, but Xian Sheng gradually woke up. Behind him, Yuehua hurriedly helped Ruyi up. "Are you hurt?"

"No..." Cold sweat drenched Ruyi, but she didn't dare look back at Zhan Lue. She escaped off with Yuehua's support.

In the room, Zhan Lue's fingers stopped at Xian Sheng's chest before he grabbed them. Their eyes met, and Zhan Lue revealed an expression of anger. He tugged hard and Xian Sheng's fair and snow-white shoulders were revealed. Xian Sheng pressed on his chest, his gaze panicking.

Zhan Lue glanced at Xian Sheng's exquisite-looking collarbone before he heard him say, "How can a gentleman take advantage of a girl?"

"I'm just looking at you. It's not like I'll do anything to you."

Xian Sheng coughed, traces of blood seeping from the corner of his lips. His face was pale white and it seemed as if he was going to die at any moment. Zhan Lue suddenly helped him arrange his clothes, and explained, "Your clothes looked dirty, so I wanted to help you change it."

Xian Sheng couldn't muster his words. He breathed lightly. Zhan Lue stood up and looked at him. After a moment, he said, "Don't be angry."

Xian Sheng stayed quiet. There was only faint coughing and breathing in the room. He didn't expect for Zhan Lue to do that to him when he was unconscious. Qin Yi caused him to spit blood today, but how was Zhan Lue any different from Qin Yi?

Zhan Lue probably thought of this too, and he felt ashamed. But on second thought, he thought it was absurd and faintly felt wronged too. He turned around and walked out.

Outside the door, Ruyi and Yuehua kneel down in a hurry. Zhan Zhen's eyes sink on them, fingers creak, and finally walk away.

They get up and Yuehua enters the room. Xian Sheng's last strength was used to stop Zhan Zhen. His voice was so light that he could hardly be heard: "He's gone?"

"Out of the house." Yuehua was very distressed. She helped him to take off the scratched coat and said with tears, "Ruyi is going to prepare something to eat. Will the princess have something to eat first? Is there anything uncomfortable? "

Xian Sheng didn't respond. He didn't even have the strength to shake his head.

They fed him food and then medicine. Not long later, a royal physician hurried over, saying that the Crown Prince summoned him to take the pulse for the Crown Princess.

Xian Sheng didn't reject. He extended his slender arms out of the bed while feeling drowsy once again.

Outside, Zhan Lue caressed his horse's manes. Gao Xuan tested the waters, "Your Highness, why don't you go in if you want to know the situation?"

"I'll find out even if I wait."

The royal physician quickly came out. When he saw the Crown Prince, he revealed a bitter expression, but braced himself to reply, "The Crown Princess' body is too weak. She must've been startled since her pulse is chaotic..."

"Stop with the nonsense. Is she okay?"

The royal physician carefully said, "If she stays in a good mood and recuperates through medicinal cuisine, then she should be fine."