• C h a p t e r 3

POV Aurelia:

"Come on, we don't have all day" Claire whines as she drags me into a clothing store. I still don't understand why we are doing this. At least she can give me a hint?

"But what am I supposed to buy? You haven't even told me what we are going to do." Me complaining about the lack of information makes us stop walking and finally she agrees with me.

"Yes, you're completely right, my bad. You should buy something you would wear to a party." A party? As in drunk and sweating bodies suffocating you and music killing your ears. No, thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I love parties if I know who organises them, but a completely unknown party makes me uncomfortable.

"So we are going to a party of who and where? Do I know them?" Quickly spitting out my thoughts in a nervous manner, I ask different kinds of questions.

"Take it easy, you don't know them, I think so? But nothing to worry about it's in London." She tries to reassure me by grabbing both my upper arms, making me face her giddy face full of joy.

It would make sense because we live in London , I wouldn't take a long car journey just for a party, what a waste of fuel that would be.

"Well, now I definitely know what I'm going to buy!" Irony is laced into my voice, but she just giggles and walks off to find a nice outfit.

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

"Claire!" I whisper loudly as we are still in the store. "Yes, what's wrong- omg!" Her eyes travel along the dress I'm holding. 

"You're going to look so good, please do me a favour and buy that dress."

I am not sure if it suits the occasion of the party because, once again, I have no idea what to expect.

"Do you think so?" I ask her doubtfully for confirmation. It would be really embarrassing if I came overdressed.

"Definitely"

The dress is black silk, not too short but not too long either. It matches a pair of black heels I have at home, so I think I will buy it, it looks pretty good.

"And have you found anything yet?" Since she is the one who dragged me here, it would be silly if she didn't buy anything.

"Yup. Look, what do you think?"

She holds up a royal blue dress, also silk, but longer and with a slit in it. It's absolutely gorgeous.

"It's beautiful and it even matches your eye colour. You're going to look stunning" She smiles broadly at my compliment and I feel that I'm in a better mood than in the morning, maybe I am in the mood for a party after all?

When we finally finished shopping we drove back home, while screaming along to One Directions songs. Maybe we sounded like cats dying, but it was worth it.

"Finally home, shopping is really exhausting" I state while struggling to carry the bags through the door. At this point, shopping is a workout.

"Maybe, but we bought nice things, didn't we?" exclaims Claire, as her smile doesn't fade for a moment. I really need some of her energy.

"Yeah, you're right, maybe it was fun." Going upstairs, I suddenly remember a question I wanted to ask earlier. I go back to the kitchen and accidentally scare Claire who is throwing the price tags in the bin.

"At what time does the party start?"

"Uh, it starts at 8pm and it's..." Claire looks up to see the clock "5pm so we have plenty of time." It takes me a long time to get ready, so I wouldn't say that's enough time.