•Chapter 25

POV: Aurelia

"Can you bring me one of those tasty m&m's, the one with the peanuts inside?" asks Jayden with an innocent smile. A slight smile works its way onto my face and I disappear out the door to get some food. I am glad that we still get along.

The closest vending machine is opposite the entrance hall, which is reasonably quiet, except for a woman who is rather shouting at the receptionist. I pay her no mind and take some money out of my wallet.

Maybe, while I'm here, I can ask the receptionist if she has an iPhone charger, since I didn't bring mine.

I take the m&m's and walk up to the receptionist, a young, tanned woman with curly hair in a neat bun.

She breathes a sigh of relief when she sees me walking towards her. She has clearly had enough of the screaming woman who is now angrily pacing back and forth.

"I'm sorry for the shouting. What can I do for you?" She gives me a soft smile and taps something on her computer before turning her full attention to me.

"Oh no problem. Do you happen to have an iPhone charger that I can borrow? My phone is dead and I have to send a rather important message." The message Lea sent took me by surprise, so I need more explanation about that.

"Yeah, sure, let me have a look" She rummages through her bag and finds the charger. "Here you go."

"When is your shift over? So I can give you back your charger" I nervously tap my hands on the desk. The angry woman who is still pacing back and forth is causing me a lot of stress.

"I have a night shift, so all night" I smile and thank her, before wishing her success with the crazy woman who I think is slowly going insane.

I walk back to Jayden's room and see him still watching the football match. When he notices me at the door, he spins his head in my direction.

"Why did it take so long? Did they only have liquorice candies?" He wrinkles his face in disgust at the thought of those sweets.

I shake my head with a laugh and show him the charger. "I asked for a charger at the reception." He nods and continues watching the match while eating the m&m's I just gave him.

It seemed like an eternity when my phone's screen finally lit up, meaning the charger was doing its job.

While waiting, I secretly watched TV, but I just couldn't take my eyes off Kai. He seemed to be playing average and the team noticed that.

He was substituted in the 60th minute. As he walked sadly off the field, I felt a stab of guilt.

Now the match is over and it ended in a draw. Jayden, meanwhile, is asleep with the packet of m&m's in his hand, which almost falls to the ground.

I grab it carefully to prevent the coloured sweets from falling on the floor and making a lot of noise.

After that, I anxiously type in my password and go straight to the messaging app.

I have nothing from Kai. It makes my heart sink, but Lea has reacted, which makes my heart race with fear.

Lea :))

I don't even know why you would
say that our family is dramatic and
that we have ruined your life?

That's not even a good reason to leave.
I need some explanation.

Also the rest of my family and Kai
don't know yet that you wrote this
so be prepared for his heart to be
broken by your cruel words.