•Chapter 7

POV: Aurelia

I wake up on a sunny Wednesday. Today I have to work from 9am to 8pm with a lunch break and a break at 3: 30pm. This is going to be a long day. I am still lying in my bed and it is 7:30am maybe, I should hurry up a bit since I am going to bike there. I take my charger out of my phone and see that I have two unread messages. I look and see that Kai sent me a 'Goodnight x' message yesterday at 2:03 am and a 'Goodmorning idiot x' message at 7:26 am. 

Damn he hasn't slept much after all, but very cute that he sends this. I send him a 'Goodmorning loser x' and close my phone. I get out of my bed and go downstairs, take a shower and do everything I normally do. It's a quarter past eight when I'm done. I walk downstairs and see that Claire is not awake yet so I write a note as usual.

Hey girl, I am going to go to work, call me if there is something, not like that one time when you called me, because there was a pigeon in the house, call me if there is something really serious and have fun!

-A

Done. I put the pen back in its place and take my handbag and the keys with the bike key and the house keys. We have a second house key made, so we can avoid an incident like last week. I take my bike and ride away, it is only a fifteen minute ride and it is better for the environment.

When I arrive it's about ten to nine. Perfect. I open the door and the first thing I hear is the ringing sound of the bell as I open the door. "Hey Aurelia!" I hear Iris say as she comes up to me and hugs me. "Hey, how are you?" I ask with a smile. 

"I'm fine, come in, Kate is already in the kitchen" I nod and walk with her to the kitchen. Our cafe is a bit like a bakery, you can get all kinds of pastries or eat them here. 

"Hey, are you guys ready for today?" I hear Kate ask as she turns towards us. "A bit" Iris and I answer at the same time as we immediately start laughing afterwards.

"Hey, you are here to work not to chat" Juliette says annoyingly. I forgot to say Juliette works here too. She is a bitch to the three of us. Why? No idea, she has always been like this. "Yeah, yeah" says Kate as we see Juliette step back towards the cash register. Let's get started.

•••

It's lunch break now and that's when you have to sit together with all your colleagues. Iris, Kate and I all three eat a pasta. It's really nice, until all the peace is disturbed by Juliette looking at the notification on my phone. "Aww, have you finally found a boyfriend" she pouts and flutters her eyelashes and I have to restrain myself from gagging.

I take my phone off the table and look at the notification, it is one from Kai. It says 'Good luck with work x'. So sweet. I reply back with 'Thank you and good luck with whatever you're going to do today x' then I respond to Juliette.

"First of all, have you ever heard of the word privacy? And secondly no, being friends with a boy is perfectly normal, I'm not like you who breaks another boy's heart every week just because you have nothing better to do".

Was that good? Probably, since she stands with mouth open and doesn't say anything back. Iris and Kate give me a high five. Yey.

•••

The week went slowly, but it is Sunday! I am going to see Kai. I am a little scared what he is going to say though. Doesn't he want to be friends anymore? Doesn't he like me? So the questions go on and on. I am sure it won't be a big deal. Kai said he was going to pick me up at 1pm so I still have time. I think I'm just going to have a lazy morning, because Claire is with Timo ,so I can do whatever I want.

Like give a whole concert in the shower or watch Netflix. I ended up doing both and getting ready at 1:30pm. As I put my sweater on, I hear my phone go off. It's from Kai.

He says he's here. I'm nervous, I rub my clammy hands on my pants, grab my bag and head out. There he is leaning against his car. "Hey, you look good" he says looking up from his phone. "Thank you, you too" I mumble shyly as he opens the door for me. He gives me a beaming smile.

He has such a nice car. He gets in and puts his seatbelt on, I do the same. "So, where are we going" I say what I have been meaning to ask for a long time. "I'm not going to say that just yet, you will see" he smirks and drives off. Gosh this man.

POV Kai:

In the car we talked about all sorts of things. It was nice. But now I'm scared, because the plan is, that I'm going to tell her that I'm actually a famous footballer, so I'm taking her to Stamford Bridge, Claire and Timo know about this and said it was a good idea, because Aurelia deserves to know the truth. Hopefully she won't change her image of me when she finds out.

"We're here" I say as I turn off my car and take off my seatbelt. Aurelia looks around very cute before she starts talking. "Huh we are at a football stadium, sorry if you want me to watch a match, but I already told you, I don't know anything about football" she says as she chuckles. I shake my head and step out towards her door. She wanted to open it herself but I was faster. 

She looks confused and takes my hand. The walk towards the stadium is silent. "So, I had to tell you something important, well, here it is". I spread my arms to show the stadium.

"I'm a professional footballer, playing for Chelsea and the national team of Germany" I say as I look at her for a response. It was silent. Shit did I ruin it?

"What, huh, I-uh, I don't know what to-" I interrupt her and start apologising "Sorry, I shouldn't have said it, it would have been better if-" now she interrupts me with a hug. "Kai, this really doesn't change anything between our friendship, you're still that Kai I met on the beach." What a relief. I hug her closer to me. "Aurelia, you're amazing".

Author's note:

Aurelia finally knows!Yey!

Have a great day/night<3

Lots of love

-Camille