•Chapter 21

POV: Aurelia

"Good morning, love" Kai whispers into my neck and then gives it a kiss. We are currently cuddling with Kai's arm over my hip and his face in the crook of my neck.

"Good morning handsome" I chuckle and pull the blankets further up. His grip on me tightens and he moves so that I am now on top of him. I raise my eyebrows, but say nothing and lay my head on his chest while he strokes my hair.

"It's almost the Nations League, so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me. You know, to Germany" he mumbles, making a small braid in my hair.

I only half heard him so I muttered a yes and went back to sleep. I let his words sink in for a minute until the realisation hit me like a rock.

I lift myself from his chest and look at him. "To Germany! When and for how long?"

"Well, about that...in two days" he says innocently. He moves so that he is now sitting against the headboard with me still on top of him.

"Two days! Are you crazy?" He couldn't tell me that sooner? I am already panicking. "What should I bring? Is it hot there? Do I have to-"

His hands squeeze my waist, that makes me stop talking. "Can you please stop moving, it's kind of...uhm..."

At first I didn't know what he was talking about but then it suddenly clicked. My cheeks start to turn red and I don't know what to say any more "Oh...uhm I-" I get up from Kai's lap to walk towards the door.

"I will think about Germany after you solve your... problem"

I continue walking downstairs, but don't miss the groan in annoyance from Kai. I just chuckle and walk further down the stairs.

•••

"Hey Claire, what's up?" I ask her, because she just called me.

"Hey I came to ask where we're going to meet tomorrow, because I assume you're also going to Germany for the Nations League?"

"What a coincidence Kai and I were just talking about it--literally, he just told me today."

"Typical Kai, but are you coming or not?" she asks me on the other end of the line.

Meanwhile, Kai comes downstairs wearing grey sweatpants and no shirt. His hair is still dripping from the shower. A grin appears on his face as he walks towards me.

I shake my head in disappointment and look around for any usable shirt he can wear. A black Nike shirt is on the chair to my right. I pick up the random shirt and throw it in his direction.

He catches it and then smells the black fabric. He raises his nose in disgust and throws the shirt in the laundry basket. I roll my eyes and continue talking to Claire.

"I think so, where do you want to mee- Kai you idiot!" He shakes his wet hair around my face. Droplets of water fall down on me. I give him a death glare and go back to talking to Claire.

In the meantime, of course, I have forgotten what I was going to say. "Don't mind Kai, but, uhm... we can meet at the airport or do you want to drive there together? Does that sound good?"

Kai finds this all too funny and suddenly licks my jaw. "Did you just lick my jaw?" I whisper-shout to him. He just shrugs and laughs.

"A, are you still there? I said it was a good idea to drive together".

"Yeah, sorry...that is great. I'll see you tomorrow then!" We both say goodbye and end the call.

From the moment I put the phone away, Kai pins me against the wall. "So you're coming with me to Germany?" he asks as he leaves kisses on my neck. I guess his shower didn't really help.