Designated Driver

Author's note: This chapter is dedicated to @kale_smoothie24 because we are besties. Also, they help me think through all of my ideas and is the first one to hear about them usually, so yeah Enjoy :)

Louis POV:

It was a Tuesday night and all of us were bored, itching to do something. "How about we go out drinking? That could be fun." Niall suggested forgetting my whole situation. Rude.

"Niall, we can't do that. Louis isn't allowed to drink, remember?" My stupid bet that I made with my fans. No drinking for the month of October. I can't go back on it though, because I promised. When Harry notices that I am staring off into space he puts his hand on my thigh and I cross my legs to keep it stuck there.

Liam looked around nervously trying to come up with something, "Louis can be like our designated driver." Yeah, that was never going to happen. Being the sober guy in a room full of drunk people was never fun. "Please Louis? We are so bored. We will do anything."

I rolled my eyes at him, now I am most definitely not going to do it because he begged, "Never gonna happen payno. Come on, Haz, let's go to bed." I stood up but Harry didn't follow me.

I can tell that he is in the mood for mischief by the look in his eyes. I taught him well, "Sorry, love but I am going to go out tonight with the boys. I want to have fun and go drinking." Harry was trying to push my buttons. I can tell by the way he is staring at me.

"Can I talk to you alone please?" I ask him and then pull his arm into our room. "What are you trying to do?"

Harry looked at me, "I want you to come. I want to get drunk. Then I want to come home with you." Harry looked at me again up and down. It makes me feel like an idiot because it's been 5 years and he still makes me nervous somehow.

"That's not going to happen. Being the sober one at a club is never fun. You know that."

Harry smirks, "I'll make it fun, I promise." He spins me around like he always does. I know by the end of the night he will probably be asleep on me but I want to make him smile.

"Fine, but you'll have to kiss me first." Harry presses his lips into mine. We've done it almost everyday, multiple times a day but every time he kisses me electricity soars through my vein.

"We have a designated driver everyone!" Harry shouts when he finally pulls me out of the room. All the boys cheer for me and I almost instantly regret it.

We get in the car and I am in the driver's seat, Harry in the passenger, and everyone else in the back. "Where are we going?" I ask. Immediately everyone looks at their phone trying to find the best clubs. In the end they all decide that they want to go to Ghost Town in Hollywood. It says we will be there in 30 minutes, so I count on an hour.

"Woo! Who's ready to have a fun night?" Niall yells from the back. I frown, I can't believe I agreed to being the sober guy.

Harry smiles at me and I don't know why but I smile back anyway. We lace fingers in the middle of the center console which I know Niall has already taken a photo to post later.

After an hour of Harry's music choices and silence I finally pull into the parking lot of Ghost Town which is anything else but barren. The parking lot is so packed that I don't find a spot for 15 minutes. When we get out of the car Harry and I are holding hands, it has been 3 years since the public found out about the truth but we have never taken it for granted. It feels amazing to be free.

As soon as the guard sees us he lets us in. We don't even have to show our cards because apparently we are that famous, or maybe we just go out to bars that much. As soon as we make it inside I realize how much this is actually going to suck. We get a private table behind the bar that is soundproof so it's pretty quiet. I'm extremely thankful for that.

"Ok, you guys have fun. I'll be back here when you are ready to leave." I take my charger port out of my bag and plug it into my phone. I take out my headphones, get settled and start to watch a movie on the floor.

Harry turns his head to the side like a confused puppy, "Are you sure you're going to be ok back here?"

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. Enjoy your night." Harry kisses me on the lips and runs away like an excited little kid.

I don't know how long it's been but Liam is pulling my hand telling me that Harry is so drunk and that I have to see it. "Hi." Harry looks at me like I am the hottest human being he's ever seen in his life.

"Harry, this is Louis." Liam says laughing. I am most definitely going to play along with this.

"Nice to meet you Louis." Harry kisses my hand, he is very, very drunk, "So are you into the ladies or men?"

This is going to be great, "I am gay and out. I have been for a while now."

"That's amazing me too. How did you come out?" I almost say with you but I have to stick to my character.

"With a friend." Also known as sober Harry. I'm so excited to tell him about this tomorrow.

He smirks, "Are you single or taken?", this is my moment to shine.

"I'm taken. Sorry." Harry looked down sadly at the drink in his hands.

He looked like he could cry, "How?"

"I honestly don't even know." I feel kind of bad for messing around with him so I pull him into our private back room, "I'm taken by you."

Harry's eyes light up, "Really?"

"Yes, really. Come on, let's lay down." Harry lays his head in my lap and nuzzles in. I pet his long hair as he falls asleep.

When all of the boys were ready to go Harry was dead asleep and I really don't want to wake him up. "Hazza?" I said, petting his hair gently, "It's time to go my love. Haz?" His eyes fluttered open. I can tell by the way that he is looking at me that he is in his cutest stage of drunk.

"Where are we?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"We are at a club, remember? We are going to leave now." I push hair out of his face and help him get to his feet.

Harry smiled a bright smile, the kind that gave me butterflies, "Let's hold hands." We walked out hand and hand. I quickly paid off the tab before running out. "It's so cold out here."

I smile at him and his adorable face, "Don't worry. We are almost to the car." The rest of the boys were already bundled up inside.

"I love you." Harry blushed and giggled at me, what a dork. No one else can call him that though, just me. I helped him get in the car and then I got in on the other side.

"I love you too." All the boys fell asleep in the car. One by one I helped them up the stairs into the guest bedrooms. Finally, I coaxed Harry up and put him in our bed. I gently cleaned his face and changed his clothes before doing that all for myself.

I was finally tired and laid next to Harry as the big spoon. I made a mental note that everyone would be hungover the next day and it would be my job to take care of them.

Author's note: please, it's 3am. I should not be awake but I am. Anyway, thanks for reading this. Let me know if you have any one shot suggestions.

Questions or concerns can be commented here

My Instagram is 1d_supermancarrots. Vote, comment, follow if you feel like it, if not that's cool too. Byeee besties