Nominations

"Are you nervous about today?" Louis asked as Harry made pancakes in their kitchen.

"A bit." He sighed. What if he wasn't good enough and he had gotten his hopes up for nothing? "I just don't want to get my hopes up."

"Why not? You are definitely going to get nominated." Louis stood up and moved behind the island to where Harry was cooking to give him a quick kiss on the lips. He tugged on the sleeves of his hoodie over his hands before sitting down to stare at his boyfriend cooking. Often people thought that you remember the bigger moments, ones that meant something. But, Louis was sure it was the other way around, that when he was old he would be telling his grandchildren that he remembers every morning where Harry cooked. Or the little picnic dates that he secretly planned.

Harry sighed, "you don't know that I'm definitely going to get nominated. I mean come on Louis, it's the Grammys."

"Yes you're right, but Fine Line is a beautiful album, Harry. I mean come on. Falling? Amazing. Golden? Fantastic. She? Revolutionary." Louis smiled and grabbed the nicely presented plate off of the table before digging into it.

Harry chuckled, "ok but that is your opinion because you love me."

Louis took a bite of his pancake and swallowed it. "Your fans love you too."

"Not the way you love me." That was true. Louis knew Harry and listened to the songs knowing each in depth story about them. So, yes, maybe Louis had a deeper kind of love for the album but that didn't mean it wasn't Grammy worthy because it totally was.

"Whatever Hazza but you are totally going to get nominated."

The day continued and the couple did their normal things until it was the afternoon and time for the video to begin. It was a bit different this year because it was 2020 but it was nice to be in the comfort of their own him. Harry felt bad though that Jeff, Mitch, and the rest of his band couldn't be here to experience this with him. 

The couple sat on their cream colored couch and waited in silence for the video to begin. Louis could tell that Harry was very nervous and he wished there was more he could do than rub his back, but when he got like this there wasn't much Louis could do.

The video started with the record of the year, no Harry. Then, album of the year, again, no Harry. Best new artist? No. Then, best pop vocal album. We read carefully as each name came on the screen.

Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa

Changes by Justin Bieber

Chromatica by Lady Gaga

Fine Line by Harry Styles

Folklore by Taylor Swift

Harry's heart dropped to what seemed like the floor. He was really nominated? It was shocking, and he felt bad about that because of course Fine Line was something he was proud of, but sometimes he questioned if he was as good as he let himself believe. "Hazza you did it!" He heard Louis cheer next him.

"I know! I can't believe it. I actually did it, Lou." Harry said, turning his body to him. Louis wrapped his arms around him and they stayed like that for a minute as Louis whispered things in his ear.

"I knew you could do it. You're so amazing. I love you." He whispered. It turns out that Harry was nominated for 3 Grammys and Louis was so proud of him! He couldn't wait to be his date when award show happened in a few weeks.

*

*

*

*

I'm back!! I know you missed me. Anyway, I'm sorry this is so short, I'll try my best to make a longer one soon <3

Byee besties