Chapter 10- Closer

Chemicals in the air, the clanking of test tubes poring various liquids in the background. The chemistry lab, someplace quiet where all the greatest minds played with different powder, finding the correct atomic levels and whatnot. There stood Jisoo examining a translucent liquid against the light seeing all the particles float against it. To the rest, she was missing, hiding in the lab. She didn't know why but experimenting like this could get any stress off her mind. Finding all the different elements, hopefully discovering something new, and all that jazz. Alone with her thoughts...

~

Last Night

Found you Kim Jisoo

There was a letter under the suspicious note. It was neat and sharply folded, the handwriting showed that the person was in no rush, to torment the poor brunette. 

' I won't give you many clues about me but, yes we have met. You look sexy, just like I remember but sadly I can't keep you for myself. My darn master wants you for himself, you could say we have kept an eye on you. Anyhow, master wants you to join us, don't even think about denying it cause I'll make sure that little boy toy of yours would make a good wall hanging. Oh! looks like time is running out, that manakin was very expensive, take good care of her for me. Meet us wearing the outfit, wrapped on her. The location is tied to the dress.

Don't make the same mistake your brother made. '

Master? who is this coward?

She closed the letter and looked at the doll in front of her. It was a silk red Hanbok, with gold accents and a finished hairpin to tie the look together. To the hairpin was an attachment containing the letter.

From behind the door, she could hear shuffling of feet as they got closer and closer to her, it was Jungkook's voice along with a few others. Her head back to her lap where lay the edge of the letter, the words she forgot to read before. In a suspicious blood-red ink.

'Tell anyone about this, I dare you to'

~

"Sooya! Be careful" Jungkook exclaimed bringing her back to her thoughts, her vision became clear, and finally came back to where she was. Looking down she saw the almost tilted beaker with Nitric acid that was stopped from its fall by Jungkooks gloved hand.

"Be careful, this would be bad if it fell all over you" He continued putting the beaker aside and grabbing a tissue roll that was wrapped on a stand. Pulling out tissue after the other he cleaned the counter which was also messy, messier than usual. Which he noticed.

"Mianhae Mianhae, my head must be in the clouds today." She laughed it off trying not to cause any suspicion. Trying to help Jungkook clean the mess she made. Jungkook finished cleaning most of it and stared at it for a few seconds before turning to Jisoo for a smile. He didn't get one in return but was met with lost Jisoo once again who was once again in her thoughts.

"You know" Jisoo started noticing Jungkook turning to him as he picked up the clear liquid to the light against her eye. "Particles in this are present but we can't see them, Sometimes things are right in front of us." She stopped to look at Jungkook again lowering her hand. "We just need to take a closer look"

Jungkook smirked "Tyndall Effect"

--✿--

Jisoo was left alone for most of the evening with Jungkook keeping a close eye on her, even if she didn't know about it. He noticed it, the way Jisoo who was once attentive who knew her surrounding was suddenly walking in people, losing her appetite, even her punches got weaker. It was all too sudden of a change, there was something hidden in her new behavior. He knew, in his gut.