My Protective Daddy Mate

Guys! Guys! It's here! The moment you have all been waiting for! okay... not really. But this is the sequel to My Protective Alpha Mate and I suggest you read that one first because you will not understand a thing that goes on in this one :P 

Also! I have two covers! The one I have now and the one on the side! So... please help me! Idk what one to go with! :( 

Many thanks!

XOXO Charlotte!

Chapter One

I flip through the baby books, completely bored, cranky and tired! I wanted to go back to sleep, but no! Aiden decides that today would be a wonderful day to go on a walk... It's snowing! I don't want to go out there in the freezing cold. Not with a two pound baby protruding out of me. 

It's been five months now since I found out I was pregnant. Five months since Rain stormed out of the house with a loyal mate behind her. Five months since I've seen my little sister. I was pissy all the time. I throw things and yell and kick. I try to blame the baby and the hormonal crap but it's really the fact that I messed up. So much that my sister had to leave. 

Rain. My sister. I never thought she would do something like this. It wounded me... 

Aiden walks out of the shower with a towel hanging dangerously loose on his hips and another in his hand, drying his hair. He doesn't seem to notice my wide eyes as he strides mindlessly into the closet to change. But he comes back with only boxers. He smirks at me when I lick my lips at his delicious chest. 

Then he dives on the bed and wraps a warm arm around my waist, placing his head on my shoulder. "We can stay, baby." He murmurs before grabbing the book and flinging it across the room. He kisses my chin before grabbing my baggy shirt-or should I say his-and places sweet kisses on my barely there belly. Okay, so I'm not really that big. But I mean, it is noticable. I bet people just think I'm fat, I doubt they know I'm pregnant.

He runs his hands up and down, along the sides of my bump as he then places his ear to it. "I love you, princess. You are going to be so beautiful, just like your mother. And you will be the most spoiled baby girl ever. Your mommy and I both love you very much. I can't wait to hold you in my arms." He says before flicking his eyes up to mine. I grin happily as I watch him. There was something about a man talking to an unborn baby that is just so sexy. I mean, seriously. He presses his hand flat on top and then lays his head on my chest. I comb my fingers through his hair as I look up at the ceiling. 

"They're back." He murmurs. I arch an eyebrow and look over at him with confusion. "Well, Kyle's been in and out a bit because he's beta but-" I cut him off as I sit up straight and stare at my husband with crazed eyes. Oh yeah... did I mention we got married. And no. My Maid of Honor was not there... 

"What?! Kyle has been in this house and you haven't told me?!" I scream at him. Aiden seems relatively calm as he cautiously walks towards me. 

"I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd ask him questions. Questions he can't answer." 

"It does not matter! I have a right to know! I have a right to know if my sister is okay, if she's alive! How could you keep this from me!?" I shove his chest and then turn to bolt downstairs. I follow my keen sense of smell that takes me right out back to see a bare chested Kyle and a fully dressed Jamie. They were talking to each other, their hands fisted and steam was pretty much coming out of their nose. 

"Where is she?!" I ask automatically. Kyle turns to face me, his eyes zeroing on my exposed stomach. I quickly tug my shirt back down, forgetting that Aiden pushed it up. 

"Summer..." He says in a tone thick with warning. I march over to him and push him hard. 

"You tell me NOW! I can't believe you have been here this whole time! That you visited! Where is she?! I need to know! I need to know she is okay!" I scream, throwing punching to his stone chest as he just stands there with an expressionless face. 

"Summer!" I instantly snap out of it and glance over at Samantha who hops off Jimmy's back, her eyes wide. "You will harm the baby." She says calmly. I try to take a deep breath as I nod and then look over at a fierce Kyle. 

"Just tell me if she is okay. Please." I beg, putting my hands together in mock prayer. He scrunches his eyebrows together as he grabs my shoulders and shakes me.

"Stop! Summer! Stop! You need to let her go! Just let her go!" His last shake sends me on my ass and I let out a grunt the same moment a vicious growl ricochets off the trees. I glance to see Aiden storm over to send a hard punch to Kyle's jaw. He goes to stand up to fight back but Aiden sends another blow. The more Kyle tries to get up, the more he punches. 

"Stand down, Kyle!" Aiden says. Kyle's eyes blaze with anger as he tries to fight him once again. "I SAID STAND DOWN!" The alpha tone makes everyone drop to their knees other than me cause I'm still on my butt over here. I feel my eyes widen as I watch my seething mate glower at his Beta. 

Kyle bows his head. "Grant us permission to leave." Kyle says. Everyone gasps and I shoot to my feet. No. "Grant us permission to leave this pack and join another." Kyle's head rises as his eyes bore into Aiden's. I can see Aiden's breathing quicken as he tries to restrain his wolf.

"What?! Kyle, why?!" I cry, feeling my knees buckle but I use my underlying strength to stay on my feet. 

"I'm sick of following his rules." 

"You're sic- Kyle, Aiden is the best Alpha there is! He has the kindest pack! Don't you understand!? There are awful packs out there! You don't want to do that. I will not let you take Rain back to another abusive pack!" I snap, feeling my inner Alpha finally come out from the five months I've buried it away. Kyle seems to waver but he shakes his head.

"It was her idea." Thrown back by it, I shake my head to clear my thoughts. Did I hear him right?

"What do you mean?" I ask cautiously. I glance at Jamie and Samantha who are gripping each other, tears rolling down their face. 

"Rain doesn't want to be apart of this pack anymore, Summer. She doesn't want to see you anymore!" Kyle says with no remorse. He no longer cares about my feelings. He brought the truth to the surface, just like that. I shake my head and try to laugh it off. This has to be a joke!

"You're lying. Rain would never ask to go back there!"

"Why not?! She never got the beating. She isn't scared like you, Summer. She isn't scarred and damaged like you! She is strong and is willing to move on! Why can't you, Summer?! Why can't you?!"

"Because she is my sister! Dammit, Kyle, she is my baby sister!" I cry, tears falling out like Niagara. 

"I'm sorry, Summer. But you have to let her go now. Because she is through with standing in your shadow." He says. 

"I'd like to hear this from her." I tell him.

"No-"

"I said! I'd like to hear this from her!" Kyle walks over to me and Aiden quickly follows, his hands clenched in fists. I give him a look, saying I got this. "I don't want to fight you Kyle, because God knows I will kick your ass and I don't want to do that to my sister. So tell me where she is so I can see her."

"You can't see her Summer. Want to know why? Because she hates you. She hates that you look like your mother. She hates that you are the favorite. She hates that you lied to her. She hates that everyone comes first. She hates you!" 

That's when I snap. I feel my wolf surface and I let it. I jump on top of Kyle, my meaty paws on his chest and my bared teeth in his face. It was time for him to learn who is boss around here. 

Please remember to choose whichcover you like the best!!!! It would mean alot to me! 

XOXO Charlotte