Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen 

We all walk into a house full of friends, chatting loudly and shouting. I glance over at Aiden, arching an eyebrow. His jaw is set and his hands clench into fists. His eyes darken significantly and I grow curious as to what is being said. Being the Alpha, he most likely has a better idea than I ever will. Rain comes up next to me and reaches to grab Catherine from my arms. 

"I don't want her getting crushed..." She shrugs. Before I could comprehend what she was saying, I am tackled into a huge dog pile. I scream bloody murder and move to shield my head but it doesn't block the kisses from my best friend. 

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" She chants. I look to see that it's Samantha, Kiera, Jimmy and Samson who are sprawled out on top of me. Is this really happening right now? I wasn't gone for that long... I try to get them off of me, but there is no way I can be able to lift four people. Two, of which, are brawny guys!

I hear everyone laugh around me, including Aiden for goodness sakes! Why the heck isn't he helping me?! Rain had taken Catherine back a few steps, but she was bursting with laughter as well. Jamie is wrapped up in Storm's arms, grinning down at me like a maniac. Storm is snickering, though he tries to contain it. 

"Okay, everyone. OFF!" I scream. The laughter ceases and instantly, everyone is off. I get pulled up by a beaming Samantha. 

"At least she didn't come back changed! She's still the same bossy Summer!" I glare at here and roll my eyes, glancing at Aiden who is now conversing with Samson and Jimmy. They seem to be in deep conversation, that is I dropped dead, they wouldn't notice.

So I leave them to their work and grab Sammy's and Kiera's hand, pulling them out back where we can sit and talk. Jamie and Rain follow, just as I knew they would. When I sit, Catherine is placed in my arms and I grin down at my beautiful baby girl. 

"So? What happened? How did you both get back?" Kiera asks, sitting directly in front of me. Sammy sits on my left as Rain is on my right. Jamie sits next to Kiera, across from Sammy. I let out a deep sigh and lean far into my chair, cradling Catherine close to me. 

As I stare down at her, I hate the thought of having to give her up to an awful man such as Blackwood. Or his son, should I say... He's the one that she is to be married too. I cringe. She will grow up to be such a sweetheart, and he will ruin everything...

"We have eighteen years. To train her to become the best of her ability. Then, when they come to receive her, she will kill all of them..." I whisper. I hate the plan. I hate that my daughter will have to become a murderer. Though, I can't say less about myself, now can I? I guess, if it comes down to family, you will do just about anything to keep them safe.

"This is what you want?" Sammy asks me, cocking her head to the side.

"Heavens no. I want her to grow up in peace and fall in and out of love as many times as she wants. I want her to be happy, not training from dawn till dusk every day. I want her to live a normal, teenage life. I want her to fight with me, not other people. But the other option is to be betrothed to the offspring of that vile creature, and I do not want that either! She should find her mate." I tell them. Catherine stares up at me, her big green eyes wide with wonder and amusement. I grin down at her, bouncing her gently. 

"Yes, baby girl. You are going to find a mate. And you will be happy." I promise her, lowering my head down to place a sweet kiss on her forehead, sealing my promise. After a promise is sealed, I never break them. She will meet her other half and live a happy life with him, not Blackwood's spawn!

I feel a hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump. I throw my head back and gaze up at Aiden. He has a certain look on his face that tells me he needs to speak with me. "Jimmy has some news." He whispers. I nod my head and turn to Rain. She already has her arms open and I give her my baby girl, allowing myself to stand and follow my mate.