Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

I stare at myself in the mirror, tears rolling down my cheeks. It's gone. It's all gone. Actually, it's in my lap. I hold onto my dead hair, no believing that I actually allowed Rain to chop it all off. I look like a guy now, aside from my makeup and heart shaped face. I'm hideous. Completely hideous. I found my hair to be my most attractive feature. It was so long and shiny. 

But now it's all gone. I wonder what Aiden will think when he sees it. If he sees it. 

I turn to Rain and arch an eyebrow. We switch places and I cut all of her hair off. She cries as well but we didn't have time to mourn. We have to hurry. She leaves to go change into some of Kyle's clothes while I do the same with Aiden's. Then I spray myself, overdoing it. I make sure every inch of me is covered in the scent. 

When I exit out of the room, I nearly run into Rain. We hurry to Samantha's room and I tell her that she takes in our appearance with a frown. I had told her our plan yesterday and she seemed to strongly disapprove. "Please take care of Catherine." I tell her, looking at the sweet baby girl in her arms. Samantha bounces her up and down. "She is the Alpha's heir. When she comes of age, she will take the position. Treasure her." I say. Samantha tries not to cry. She was the strongest out of the three of us. But she hugs me close and I kiss Catherine's cheek ."Bye baby girl. Remember that your Mommy and Daddy always loved you and always will." 

Rain grabs my arm and wrenches me out of the house then, leading me the way they went. She say them leave so she knows the general direction. But it didn't take long for us to ask our wolves to help us. They were pacing around in our heads, eager to be released and help save their mates. But we aren't supposed to shift until the battle starts. 

Using our wolves keen sense of smell, we follow Aiden and Kyle's path. We seem to go on for hours but I know that its only been a matter of minutes. 

The males of the pack are only a few miles away from the house, gathering in the forest that surrounds an open meadow. Rain and I stealthily sneak into the group, avoid contact with any of them. 

Some are sitting on the ground, waiting for the fight to begin. Others are pacing, anxious. Aiden, however, is conversing with Kyle and other pack Alpha's that agreed to join us today. It was about ten packs against seven. We aren't really outnumbered by a large margin but some of these packs are ruthless and crude men. They find pleasure in killing. 

I lean against a tree and keep an eye on Aiden as he continues to talk, running his hands through his hair. My fingers itch to touch his silky locks. My wolf whimpers at the large distance between us. I was disappointed as well. But if I approach him, he will send me straight home and have someone lock me up. I can't let that happen. I have to help. 

Rain scratches her head, moving Kyle's hat to do so. I understood, my head was itching as well from the sudden loss of hair. I refrain from itching because I see Aiden walking towards us. I stand up straight, afraid he has spotted me. I lower the bill of his hat and bow my head, trying to hide my face. He storms right passed us and I let out a shaky breath, glad he didn't smell me. 

I turn to see him stop in front of Jimmy who is setting up a tent and a table. I knew that it was the emergency room. It pained me to know that people will be filing into there nonstop. 

Jimmy breathes in heavily through his nose. His eyes flicker over to me and I bite my bottom lip, turning back around to see Rain staring at me with wide eyes. Our heartbeats pick up and I hear Jimmy walking towards me in a quick speed. Then I hear a loud, angry growl and I know it didn't come from this side of the forest. I hear and see men transform into wolves after shucking off their clothes. I don't however, not wanting to risk anyone seeing. I transform into my wolf and glance to see Aiden's black wolf run away from the emergency tent and straight for the front of the army that is now full of angry wolves.